• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Poll: ~ Misc. features? Anybody?

Miscellaneous features?

• Ambient Sound (wind, footsteps, etc ONLY)

Votes: 36 58.1%
  • Nook MP3 player... NookPod? (Retro sounds)

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Idle animations (fixing hair, hair physics with wind)

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Hunger and Stamina meter? Toilet meter?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bags = Extra portable storage (small)

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Getting sick (A cold in the rain/winter)

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Something else (comment!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
wow, most these in the poll sound bad to useless

anyways
multi-select from the inventory/storage slots and mailbox

or hell, for mailbox, a feature to auto-delete read+item claimed messages if we don't favorite the letter would suffice too

6) I miss the 'unlucky' days where you would run & just *pomf* trip lol
pretty sure they brought this back, already
Post automatically merged:

Frankly I got the idea from the "GB player" in Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver. In those games there's this item that makes the current song the retro version from the Gameboy :)
I assume you mean 'gb sounds' as the player is a device to allow you to play gb games from your tv, but that doesn't even play the original music

but it doesn't even play the actual old songs, as they had to remake them all, because of hardware limitations. so it kinda lies to the player about that as well :/

Last edited:
I'd love it if we had an "ambient sound" option to turn off the background music and just listen to the nature sounds in the game. it already bugs me a lot that playing music with one of the music players in the game doesn't override the background music and instead plays on top of it - it's honestly kind of a mess. if they added this feature I'd be a lot more inclined to get rid of some of my custom paths so I could hear footsteps instead of the muffled sounds.

I like the idea of the mp3 player too but I probably wouldn't use it cause like I said above I just really like the nature sounds in new horizons.

idle animations would be cute and make the island feel more alive. I wouldn't really want something as detailed as the characters breathing, but like the OP said, having the characters fix their hair or even look around or something would be cute.

a hunger or energy meter would make the game feel more realistic and similar to a farming rpg, but I think it would be more tedious than anything. I like to craft things, gather materials, and terraform all at once when inspiration hits me, so I'd be pretty annoyed if I had to wait till the next day to continue. this would also probably make the TTer vs non-TTer issue more problematic as well.

the bags idea is cute but it would likely be too tedious since we would have to empty them out before putting them away, and if your base inventory is already full then you'd have to throw things on the floor or go home to put them in storage.

getting sick would be a cute addition, and considering we already have the wasp stings I don't think it would be strange for them to add. even sweeter would be if the villagers run up to you while you're walking around sick to give you medicine

something else - this is kind of a mix of a two of your suggestions, but I'd love it if our character reacted to the weather, especially if they're wearing weather-inappropriate clothes. like shivering in the winter (my character is only wearing a light jacket right now so it would make sense), or panting/sweating in the summer

I voted for Ambient Sound and Nook MP3 player. I'm just not a huge fan of NH's hourly music and would love to mix and match different AC titles' hourly music to listen to instead. I would also like the option of turning the music off since it can drown out a lot of the other sound effects.

I really like the MP3 player idea. I don’t mind New Horizons’ music but I tend to play at the same times each day (evenings after work) and so the music feels suuuuuper repetitive to me. It would be nice to be able to choose a different song occasionally.

I also have this issue, I get home from work the same time everyday so I always hear the same two or three songs

I chose ambient sound and retro sounds for obvious reasons! I like the music in acnh, but especially at night or in winter it would be nice to not have background music. So you can fully immerse urself in the vibe of the island :)
Also retro sounds because some music of previous games is legendary.

Also i choose sick! But only because i liked when u would shiver when you went out in t shirt in winter, or went fully clothed in summer and get a heat stroke. Feels more realistic.
Plus maybe it would stop making my villagers wearinf fricking t shirts and tanktops during winter. I mean there is snow on the ground O'Hare, put on a sweater! Ur not cool, just irresponsible!

I voted for Ambient Sound and extra storage for the bags. The music is nice sometimes but it can ruin the atmosphere, like when it snows (I prefer it to be silent)

I would also like to propose another QoL option: Bag organisation!
It really gets tedious with all the items we get so a great QoL feature would be automatic bag organization into various pockets.

Proposed various pockets :
1. Tools
2. Crafting Materials
3. Furniture
4. Clothing
5. Misc. (Songs, etc)
6 Event (Gift Deliveries, Treasure Hunt boxes)

I don't expect them to do this but it would be useful.

these are all neat ideas! i personally would love the ambient sounds and idle animations and the nook mp3 player to be features! however, i feel like hunger/stamina meters and getting sick would irritate me a bit and so, i don’t think that i’d be too crazy about those ones aha. 😋

Back