• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Popular Villagers or Uncommon!?

Do you prefer the “Popular” villagers or the “uncommon ones”

• Popular

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Unpopular

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Like all

Votes: 19 70.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't really look out to see if they are popular or unpopular I tend to like villagers more depending on their personality.

A mix of both is good! I love unpopular villagers like Croque, Pudge, and Rodney.. and of course I love popular villagers like Punchy, Dobie, and Ione.

I have some uncommon (sally, agent s, jeremiah, elmer, static), a few popular (marshal, diana, apollo petri?). I don't go for popular on purpose, only if I happen to like them

I like who I like. I don’t really care if they are popular or not. As long as I like them I’m good.

I usually prioritize my own personal preferences rather than focusing on whether a villager is popular or not.

Personally, I find myself more attached to villagers who aren’t overly saturated in popularity. When a friend gave me Marshal in New Leaf in 2013, I had no idea he was popular. If I had known at the time, it most likely would have influenced my perception of him and how others viewed him.

For example, villagers like Raymond - his popularity, especially when New Horizons was first released was overwhelming. When series 5 of the amiibo cards were released, I was selling and trading my duplicate amiibo cards on a local marketplace, and I had a spare Raymond. I was bombarded with offers of up to $50 for that single card alone. Experiences like that leave a lasting impression and affect how one perceives such a villager.

Last edited:
Hmm the popularity of a villager doesn't really hold much weight for me, but looking at the villagers I like I think it's a pretty even mix of both, Maybe leaning a bit towards the popular side?

I like a combination of popular and uncommon villagers. I pick just whatever I like regardless of popularity. My final roster each game depends on a variety of factors including sometimes what color scheme or vibe I want to achieve. I enjoy many villagers so picking just 10 is a challenge.

I guess a mix of popular and uncommon. My favorite villager is considered an uncommon, but some of my favorites are a mix.

Both, either, any :D
If I like Olivia I like Olivia, if I like Raymond too then I like Raymond too

honestly i like a balance of them both! my favorite villager leans on the uncommon/unpopular side, my boy cranston ^

How popular or unpopular a villager is doesn't really affect my opinion of them at all. I'd say there's probably an even mix of popular and less popular villagers among my favorites

Back