Preload now available from the eShop!

Also waiting on my AC themed switch, so going to wait until the week before.
I saw that the UK was giving away pins with the download code, but looks like we will be missing out here... TT_TT

I'll wait for more info on how local play works and on compatible peripherals. If I can sync joycons to the Lite for local play, then I lean to the Lite. But if you can use keyboards with the regular Switch, then that's really good.

Am considering buying a voucher for this, but looking at the list of elligible games the one I'd want is Mario Kart 8 but that went on sale recently to the point that it worked out cheaper than the savings you get via vouchers.

I don't think you can buy vouchers anymore.

I now know that it will unlock at midnight on the 20th. So I'm preloading that baby up right now.

You can in the UK, for now. No idea why they discontinued it in the States.

Oh my bad. I forgot that the world doesn't end at the edge of the ocean :blush:

(Luigi's Mansion 3, Link's Awakening, and Super Mario Odyssey are cute games)

Oh my bad. I forgot that the world doesn't end at the edge of the ocean :blush:

(Luigi's Mansion 3, Link's Awakening, and Super Mario Odyssey are cute games)
Great suggestions, though singleplayer games that I'll complete and be done with I tend to buy physical. It's the evergreen, "play forever" titles like Mario Kart and Animal Crossing I go digital for.

we're getting closer... i hope it starts to feel more like time is ramping up as we get closer to release. as of right now i feel like the wait has been grueling these past few weeks. i need new information to sustain me.

Got mine. Physical only crowd be weeping.

As someone who pre-ordered the Special Edition Switch, am I supposed to wait until I get the Switch to preload the game, or can I do it now and it'll go to my new Switch when I receive it?

You can pre-load now. All you have to do when you try your themed Switch is do a system transfer and your Nintendo ID and all of the games you have downloaded will be able to be downloaded on your new console.

There's no reason to wait. Go nuts!

Even the pre-loaded game will move over? Nintendo has been pretty sketchy with anything save related as it pertains to this game.

Even the pre-loaded game will move over? Nintendo has been pretty sketchy with anything save related as it pertains to this game.

Not so much the game file itself, but the ability to download it will. The ability to download the game is tied to your Nintendo ID, not the Switch itself, so when you transfer your ID to a new console you will be able to just go to the eshop and download anything you had downloaded previously on your older Switch.

Man I am struggling. I saw that and I knew it was going to happen but it still totally enthralled me, I had to go and look at it. And then I almost preordered it so I could download it so I can have it as soon as possible. I've already preordered the physical game from Best Buy though! :/ Lmao it's so hard not to do it here too... March 20 is a very hectic day for me school wise and so it's not like I could play it any sooner even if I did -- but ugh, man I really have to stop myself from indulging regardless! It's hard.

Why must my birthday be in September...whhhhy?! Dx

Not so much the game file itself, but the ability to download it will. The ability to download the game is tied to your Nintendo ID, not the Switch itself, so when you transfer your ID to a new console you will be able to just go to the eshop and download anything you had downloaded previously on your older Switch.

Awesome, thank you. I'll probably still hold tight out of paranoia. Plus, I don't want to wipe my old Switch clean. My kids are going to use it for Minecraft and what not.

Back