• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Preventing Villagers From Moving?

Gizmodo

Food Extraordinare
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Winter Mittens
May Birthstone (Emerald)
Cake
Cherry (Fruit)
Chocolate Cake
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
New Year's Party Popper
Orange (Fruit)
Yellow Candy
Pokéball
Hello! i currently only have 6 villagers, but i am very anxious to learn about this part of the game, as i definitely do not want Timbra, Kid Cat, Tammi and Mitzi leaving my town!
How often do villagers discuss moving, one you have your 9 villagers? do some of them not let you stop them moving, or is it quite easy to stop them from moving?
Do they mention it in conversation or run up to you and tell you they're moving?

I've found that you have a warning of when they are about to move because they revert back to their default clothing.

Then they will approach you in town with the flashy emote and tell you they are thinking of leaving and you can tell them to stay. Even if you tell them to move, they mention it a few more times before they move to give you another chance to get them to stay.

In Wild World you could also stop them while they were packing their house up but I tested this with Rudy (who I kept telling to leave) and there was no option to convince him when packing. Although maybe it only works sometimes?

I've found that you have a warning of when they are about to move because they revert back to their default clothing.

Then they will approach you in town with the flashy emote and tell you they are thinking of leaving and you can tell them to stay. Even if you tell them to move, they mention it a few more times before they move to give you another chance to get them to stay.

In Wild World you could also stop them while they were packing their house up but I tested this with Rudy (who I kept telling to leave) and there was no option to convince him when packing. Although maybe it only works sometimes?

Thank you! i shouldn't have to worry too much about the ones i don't want to leave then :)

Everytime I've had a villager come up to me and say they're thinking of moving, I say "Don't go!" And then they say something like "Well, if you're going to miss me that much, then I won't go! I'll cancel all of my plans!" Then they stay.

Yea... all you have to say is "Don't go!" and they won't.

WARNING:

If a villager tells you that they are thinking of moving, and you stop them. If you don't play for 2 or more weeks, they WILL move.

Thanks everyone for your replies! i'm now very clear in the fact that i will be able to save the villagers i really like so that is great :D

Back