• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Pros and Cons of New Leaf

Love pretty much everything besides the lack of personality in villagers.

I also hate how sensitive some beetles are, and how some sea creatures disappear right before you're about to catch them while diving. The most annoying thing is how villagers can just plop down where ever they please. Tom Nook should inform the freakin' MAYOR before building a house on top of the freakin' MAYOR's path that the freakin' MAYOR spent so much time on perfecting.

Oh yeah, then there's the fact that Isabelle tells me what to do more than I tell her what to do. I thought she was the secretary.

Annddd, when villagers tell you that you should take a break from playing. I know pretty much every single 3DS game does this after about an hour of playtime, but geez, it's annoying.

But seriously, there are waaaay much more pros than cons. I really love this game.

Kiwi: The game is probably "that easy" because the producers though about the new players.

But that... doesn't make sense to me :/ New players want challenges as well. I mean... okay, Animal Crossing isn't a game with a difficulty level or anything like that, but I liked how it was actually something special and exciting when a shark showed up. In NL I found one on my first day. And another one the following morning.
No... I guess it's that easy to fish and catch bugs because that's the way we're supposed to earn bells. Tbh it feels like all the game is about is... making money and buying stuff. But I'm probably being to negative.

Kiwi: The game is probably "that easy" because the producers though about the new players.

Or the fact that the game is targeted at a younger audience. Most of us are ''too old'' to be playing this game, let's be honest here.

Overall I am pleased with the game and definitely think it is a step up from Wild World, but at the same time I am annoyed with how villagers can just place their house wherever they want. I wish they would inform you and as mayor you could decided where you wanted their houses or give an option at Town Hall to relocate a villagers home. If they did that it would make it easier to actual plot out a park and so forth without worrying about a house being plopped down on it the next day.

That would be my biggest complaint really. I want more control over the town since I am the mayor and all. I wish when you went to do public works it would pull out a grid so you can place things correctly or just allow you to place things where you want.

Overall I am pleased with the game and definitely think it is a step up from Wild World, but at the same time I am annoyed with how villagers can just place their house wherever they want. I wish they would inform you and as mayor you could decided where you wanted their houses or give an option at Town Hall to relocate a villagers home. If they did that it would make it easier to actual plot out a park and so forth without worrying about a house being plopped down on it the next day.

That would be my biggest complaint really. I want more control over the town since I am the mayor and all. I wish when you went to do public works it would pull out a grid so you can place things correctly or just allow you to place things where you want.

I think the whole situation with the villages moving everywhere is one of my big problems as well.

Pros: There is more customization and there are new features

Cons: Most of the features take a long waiting process to gain access to and customization is slightly limited.

The only con from me is random villager house placement.

Seriously some of you guys are being so niggly about some things.

Pros: Most new features in this game.

Cons: I wish I could move PWPs, as someone said earlier. Or the thing about the grids.
And does anyone remember morning yoga with Tortimer in the GC version?! I miss that! I wish they would bring it back!

I agree with this.

To expand on your second 'con':

Donating fossils is perhaps one of the most frustrating things I've experienced in this game. They tried to make it easier than in previous games, but they really didn't. I mean, I have to walk up to Blathers and press A, wait for him to wake up, Press B, press A, press B, press A, press B, press A, choose 'Assess a fossil!', choose the four fossils I want, then press B, press A, all through Blather's speech -- the same one he gives every time: "Oh! I see something we don't have yet. I'll just give these back to you now. Watch this long giving animation!" Then, "Is there something else I can help you with?" I choose 'Donate something', pick the fossils he doesn't have yet, then listen to his speech again, "Oh yes, all of these are splendid specimens, and I say the exact same thing every time you talk to me!" And then, "Is there anything else I can help you with?" I press 'No', and he says, "Enjoy the rest of your visit!"

When it should just be:

-Talk to Blathers
-Choose 'Donate'
-Pick items you want to donate
-Blathers takes the items he doesn't have yet
-Done

Hey, at least we don't have to mail each individual fossil to the "faraway museum" to be identified anymore. :p

Pros:
-There are definitely some new features that players would enjoy
-New places,like the Island
-New stores
-You're able to customize not just the interior,but the exterior of your house as well
-Community projects are a nice touch to this new updated version of Animal Crossing
Cons:
-There isn't much of a solid storyline except for the beginning,where it's given that you are apparently mistaken for a mayor and therefore have to take on the role of the town's mayor
-Some people who want to connect and go to each others town tend to have connection errors
-It would be nice if the town can notify you when something has been taken from your town.As stupid as that seems,I've read a lot of "My flowers have been stolen" or "Someone chopped all my trees down" etc threads.Beware of trouble makers

Well, I can identify I couple of pros and cons even though I didn't get it yet:
Pros (More to be added when I get the game):
Graphics look absolutely GORGEOUS,
More flower types, And BUSHES! :D
Nook is a lot less of a cheapskate, From what my friends (Who are AC fans) told me.
Cons (Same as the latter)
Snooty villagers don't act quite so snooty anymore. They act more like sassy women (Kinda the same thing).
I found cranky villagers to be the same as before, But aren't angry as often.
Basically all the cons are minor complaints about the more mature personality types.

Back