• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

PSA: Gamestops won't do midnight release for NL

PapaNer

Fitzpleasure
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Mailbox
Small Mailbox
So originally, my local GS was going to do a midnight release for NL, but my manager friend said that none of the Gamestops are allowed to because Nintendo wants to boost digital sales.

I had posted a few times before that there would be Midnight releases and to not give up hope on it (since it's like, what? Number 3 on the most pre-ordered game scale), but it seems you should.

I now kinda regret not going with Wal Mart or something that stays open all night, but it's whatever. I'll be playing in the morning anyway.

I never expected a midnight release. But just because its not that popular of a game compared to CoD or something else of that nature, not because Nintendo wants to boost digital sales. #ScumbagNintendo lol

I pre ordered through Gamestop as well. I hadn't thought about them doing a midnight release. Too bad. :(

I wouldnt have driven over then anyways. I dont mind waiting until 11am, as long as I have the game with no issues. :)

I'm surprised they were even going to do a midnight release for this game to be honest.
I'm mean it isn't like CoD or Halo that people of all ages will eat up.

Last edited:
I'm surprised they are even going to do a midnight release for this game to be honest.
I'm mean it isn't like CoD or Halo that people of all ages will eat up.

Actually, people of all ages are eating NL up lol. It's one of the most pre-ordered games at the moment. And that's just physical copies I think, since the digital is just bought on the e-shop, so probably even more than what was pre ordered may as well be pre ordered.

To be fair, after so many reports that they're not going to be stocking more physical copies than have been pre-ordered, it's a bit predictable. They'd have to pay staff to come in to hand out copies that have already been paid for/they're promised the sales for already. No profit in it for them.

Only midnight releases I've been to were for Smash Bros Brawl and Black Ops, and even Smash Bros had barely enough people there to justify a midnight launch, so this news doesn't come as a surprise.

Fortunately it's the year 2013 and we can buy our games at midnight from the comfort of our own homes :p I remember two of my friends calling me on launch night for Skyrim asking if I was standing at line at GameStop, and I told them no, I was already 30 minutes into playing the game

Eh.. I've pre-ordered the xl bundle AND a physical copy (for bf)

Hmm.. wait, does Walmart take pre-orders? Ahh it'll just be killing me the night of the 8th knowing a ton of people are downloading it hours before I can get my hands on mine. xD

Eh.. I've pre-ordered the xl bundle AND a physical copy (for bf)

Hmm.. wait, does Walmart take pre-orders? Ahh it'll just be killing me the night of the 8th knowing a ton of people are downloading it hours before I can get my hands on mine. xD

yes walmart has both for pre-order :D

Last midnight launch I went to was for the DSi. There were about 6 of us there. To be honest, it was embarrasing. I would never put myself through that again!

Will do :p

and embarrassing huh? I could see myself getting a tad embarrassed if I really do head to walmart at midnight for it.. xD

Hahah, aww, just trying to save you some trouble! I would be heartbroken if that happened to me. >_< And then pissed. heh.

What would you even do in game, playing at midnight? Sure the tutorial but everywhere would be closed... waiting the day after is good enough for me.

Back