• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Purple Rose Experiment Worked!!!!!!!!

AnimalCrossngAddict

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
A couple of days ago a purple rose suddenly appeared in my second town and I am not trying to breed flowers in this town.

I duplicated the same planting pattern in my other town (where I am trying to breed flowers) and today I had a purple rose appear between the red roses.

1. I did not use fertilizer
2. Both towns now have the Bell ordinance.

Plant this combo to see if you get the same results

YWY= Yellow White Yellow (all roses)
R R = Red Rose, empty space, Red rose
OOR= empty space, empty space, Red rose

Can someone try this experiment to see if this just a coincidence or if this planting pattern will always get purple. roses?

I can! Do you know, were they all Leif bought flowers? If they are, it'll be a while for me to collect them.

Did you only water these flowers?

I got purple roses from 2 whites without even trying, they just appeared and now I have loads... :3

I can! Do you know, were they all Leif bought flowers? If they are, it'll be a while for me to collect them.

Did you only water these flowers?

The town where the first purple rose appeared -- I had watered All the flowers the day before.
The experimental purple rose-- the flowers all around the empty space were watered.

I have no idea if the roses were purchased from Leif. More than likely they were originally purchased and it could have been months ago. I have never taken flowers from the island.

I'll try! I have XOXO patterned whites all over my town in various amounts and have only produced 4 purple roses. Even when I started putting them next to each other! Maybe this will randomly work haha

if you are having issues getting hybrids to grow, try moving your flower farm to a different spot. that works for me sometimes.

PLEASE READ UPDATE

so sorry a made a mistake with the original post.

YWR == yellow white yellow
R R === red empty space red
? ? W== empty space, empty space WHITE rose

THere is a white rose under the red rose.

The diagram is not formatting the way I am typing. Just make sure the bottom white rose is on the far right.

Last edited:
So I did this with your updated formatting and NO purple rose.. BUT.. it DID produce a pink one! I set up a couple more plots around town and we will see what happens or if it produces more. Weird!

I got mine from a red and a pink rose. Interesting theory, I might try it when I've grown bored of watering every flower every day now that I no longer have to!

I had another pink rose today! But only on my first plot, none on subsequent plots. My white plots all over town haven't produced another purple in days :( moving my purples to another location hoping it'll make them happier.

I got an orange one right in the center. What I find interesting though is that everyone got something. That never happens to me - that you put flowers together and the next day you get a hybrid. I have TONS of flowers in my town too.

I got an orange one right in the center. What I find interesting though is that everyone got something. That never happens to me - that you put flowers together and the next day you get a hybrid. I have TONS of flowers in my town too.

It's definitely interesting! And has to be more than a coincidence... I actively try breeding mine and have never been able to get two in a row from the same plot! Maybe it's just the right combination of colors to breed SOMETHING..

I had 3 purple roses pop up in the last 2 days but I didn't check what the combinations were.

Update Friday --- had 2 purple roses appear in both towns.

One thing I forgot to mention.

The experimental grid is planted on the North side of town.

The town where the first purple rose appeared ---- is Northeast and not near the river.

The experimental town is Northwest and near the river.

Back