My Melody Easter Egg
Pavé
Matryoshka Doll
Festive Bell
Tin Robot
Green Christmas Stocking
Summer Shell
Cake
Hi! I recently managed to get a hold of a switch lite and want to create a second island. I know you can't have 2 islands on the same switch device even if you have multiple game cartridges, but can you use the same cartridge on two different switch devices to create 2 different islands? I don't want to accidentally override my main island or have it load on the 2nd device.

Also, does anyone know if I can sign in to the same Nintendo account on my lite switch as my main one to create my second island? I will probably buy a second cartridge anyway even if I only need one because I want to visit my main island with my second island to exchange items but will it let me do that if I'm signed in with the same Nintendo account on both games? I also don't want to have to buy a second online subscription for a new Nintendo account just to be able to visit other people's islands or invite them to mine.

Last edited:
Hi! I recently managed to get a hold of a switch lite and want to create a second island. I know you can't have 2 islands on the same switch device even if you have multiple game cartridges, but can you use the same cartridge on two different switch devices to create 2 different islands? I don't want to accidentally override my main island or have it load on the 2nd device.
Save data for Switch games is saved to the system and not the cartridge, so you can use one cartridge for two Switch consoles.

I can't answer your second question though since I'm not experienced with that kind of stuff. I hope you can find an answer!

I started a second Island on my old Switch. I really haven’t done much with it but I’m thinking of using it as a resource Island for materials and Bells. And maybe a place to test out Terraforming ideas to see if they work or not before permanently altering my main Island. I have three copies of NL and have one as my main Town and the other two for item purchases that don’t seem to appear in my first Town and Bell purposes.

Back