• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Quick idea before you start your game

Zen

とびだせ Guide
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
New Horizons Token
Cake
Given that you will be unable to control where new neighbors will move in and there are no more signposts marking where they might appear (just where they will, which by then will be too late for you to do anything), I have a simple idea that I'm utilizing now since I restarted my town.

Use the other 3 human residents that you are able to create and put their houses where you don't want animal to build their houses.

Since you will be unable to build town projects until you get 100 points on the survey (a few days at most) there might be new neighbors moving in. Make the new residents and place them where you want your new bridge/fountain/whatever or just place them where you don't want a new animal neighbor to build (such as in front of an important bridge [happened in my first town]). When you finish or get enough enough neighbors, simply remove the new resident (which takes their house with them) and remake if you feel like it.

Simple control for the new policy of being unable to control where the new neighbors move in.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
Okay I get it now, you should really specify you are talking about human players and not the animals.

He/She is saying that since you can have 4 humans in a town, create another character and purposely place their house in an hour you absolutely DON'T want an animal to place their house, and do the same for the next 2 human players. Then when all animals are moved in, just delete the characters.

This is a nice idea, though I think when I get the game, I will just let it all play out on its own.

Okay I get it now, you should really specify you are talking about human players and not the animals.

He/She is saying that since you can have 4 humans in a town, create another character and purposely place their house in an hour you absolutely DON'T want an animal to place their house, and do the same for the next 2 human players. Then when all animals are moved in, just delete the characters.

This is a nice idea, though I think when I get the game, I will just let it all play out on its own.

This is indeed what I meant. Use the other 3 human characters to block the incoming animal houses. I, too, let it play out. Now I have restarted. Good luck to you, my friend. :)

Either you have a player house or a villager house blocking your favorite spot? Is the plan to delete a player resident when ready?

EDIT

I'd also like to point out that when villagers move so does their house. A new villager moves in with a random location for his house. There is no set standards for "Neighborhood" and House Placments for villagers

That's a very good idea, actually!! :) I'll probably do that, at least in areas where I know I'll want a flower garden, or maybe orchard. Good thinking! :D

That's a very good idea, actually!! :) I'll probably do that, at least in areas where I know I'll want a flower garden, or maybe orchard. Good thinking! :D

a new villager could potentially wreck the garden, unless you use a dump for it.

I meant wait until I get all of my villagers, then remove the "user" house. :)

But what if a villager moves out? A new one will move-in in some random spot. You got to work hard to ensure no villager ever leaves the town

LOL Me, too! I never had a problem in my old AC games with animals moving if I didn't want them to. Unless it's harder in this game to keep them?

Maybe. I had two villagers in my old town that I talked to everyday, I did their requests, etc. I never turned anything they wanted down. I praised them. They were the first two to suggest moving away after talking to some visitors.

I had a couple I hated. All negative choices, hitting them with nets, etc. Not once did they want to leave.

Odd, but it was probably due to town rating. :/

Well that's weird! Oh well---I guess we'll see! LOL I just want Bob, for sure, forever and ever! ;)

Maybe. I had two villagers in my old town that I talked to everyday, I did their requests, etc. I never turned anything they wanted down. I praised them. They were the first two to suggest moving away after talking to some visitors.

I had a couple I hated. All negative choices, hitting them with nets, etc. Not once did they want to leave.

Odd, but it was probably due to town rating. :/

Back