• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Quick question

Status
Not open for further replies.

minibeast01

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Hey guys, I'm on a vacation in Britain and I will be downloading new leaf there. I'm going to set new leaf on britains time. When I get back to America, I will have to switch the time back by 8 hours... Would this be considered time traveling?

Ok. Would you be able to download it Britain? I am not sure if you'd be able to download it in Britain on the 9th or not. *facepalm* I am so dumb.

I can download it on the 9th

Its not out in England until the 14th, so if you're using the British eShop, it won't be available on the 9th...
I'm not sure how that will work because I'm assuming your console is American... hmmm

Ok. Would you be able to download it Britain? I am not sure if you'd be able to download it in Britain on the 9th or not. *facepalm* I am so dumb.

Yes, because they'd be downloading the American game. Not the European game. That's why they can get it.

To minibeast's question, some people would consider even that time traveling. I don't think the game would notice. You don't even have to change the time of your game itself. Just change the time of the 3DS. The US is after Europe time zone wise, so the game itself won't even know you changed the time.

I guess this depends whether the eShop detects the location of your internets IP address or whether it connects to your regions eShop no matter where you are in the world...

I'll be interested to find out the outcome of this :)

I guess this depends whether the eShop detects the location of your internets IP address or whether it connects to your regions eShop no matter where you are in the world...

I'll be interested to find out the outcome of this :)

It connects to the region eShop of your 3DS. No matter where you are. I'm in Japan and have a Japanese internet connection, but my US 3DS can only connect to the US shop.

Should I just leave animal crossing on US time even though I'm in Britain?
I don't wanna be considered a cheater because I switch time zones.

Last edited:
It connects to the region eShop of your 3DS. No matter where you are. I'm in Japan and have a Japanese internet connection, but my US 3DS can only connect to the US shop.

Oh I see. That's crazy... I wish I'd of bought a US 3DS, then I could of gotten AC:NL a week earlier xD
What about currency, when you transfer money from your card or bank. Does it convert it to Dollars from Yen?

I don't wanna be considered a cheater because I have to change my time zone.

- - - Post Merge - - -

So should I keep it on us time while I'm in britain?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'd just leave your 3DS set to your default time zone whilst your in Britain. Then when you start AC it will use that time. Then when you go back, you won't have to time travel :)

No one will consider you a cheater, don't worry about that. ;) Time change via travelling between countries isn't exploiting the clock for an advantage. We won't judge you!

Oh I see. That's crazy... I wish I'd of bought a US 3DS, then I could of gotten AC:NL a week earlier xD
What about currency, when you transfer money from your card or bank. Does it convert it to Dollars from Yen?

I have to pay for eShop stuff in US dollars. But all credit cards can convert to whatever country's currency. Some credit cards have a foreign transaction fee though if you are charging in whatever currency is not the card's native currency.

I have US credit cards still and the native currency is US dollars, but I've bought stuff online (not from the Nintendo eShop) charged in Japanese yen, Hong Kong dollars, and Euros in the past. No problems.

I have to pay for eShop stuff in US dollars. But all credit cards can convert to whatever country's currency. Some credit cards have a foreign transaction fee though if you are charging in whatever currency is not the card's native currency.

I have US credit cards still and the native currency is US dollars, but I've bought stuff online (not from the Nintendo eShop) charged in Japanese yen, Hong Kong dollars, and Euros in the past. No problems.

Ah I see. Thats awesome. Good to know :) Thanks.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If i were you... I would set my ds to the american time zone you'll be going home to and just leaving it. Easier that way

Thanks guys I think I'll change it to Britain time

- - - Post Merge - - -

If i were you... I would set my ds to the american time zone you'll be going home to and just leaving it. Easier that way

Only problem is ill be there for 2 weeks

- - - Post Merge - - -

Maybe a better question is that if you we're in my situation, would you change the date?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back