• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Quick question

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it's not time traveling. If you didn't yet know, Animal Crossing no longer has it's own clock. It's ran off your 3DS clock...

If you manually change your 3DS time to 8 hours ahead or back that's really no advantage...

1. Set the game back 8 hours and you just extend one Animal Crossing day. Everything will be sold out as normal.
2. Jump ahead 8 hour's and you just skip half a day or even half a night.

If the time zone is very different to where all the shops would be closed most of the time when you can play I see no harm in you changing the time. Its not like you are skipping ahead or back to cheat, and plus you REALLY are in another time zone. Don't worry about people thinking you are a cheater, its for a good reason and its not that far it'll be fine if you change it back when you come home :)

If the time zone is very different to where all the shops would be closed most of the time when you can play I see no harm in you changing the time. Its not like you are skipping ahead or back to cheat, and plus you REALLY are in another time zone. Don't worry about people thinking you are a cheater, its for a good reason and its not that far it'll be fine if you change it back when you come home :)

I'm 8 hours ahead so it unless i play after 2 itll mess with the shops. I think ill be playing at different times everyday also the time in the game not being with the time in real life might bother me... Thanks for the help and I think I'll play on Britain time until I get back to the US.

Last edited:
You should be fine considering the time change is within the same day. That's like saying you're physically "cheating" in life for going back 8 hours once you leave Britain, no? (loljk. idk)

Leave the system in your American timezone if you're worried about it. It shouldn't matter whether or not other people call you out on it; you have a perfectly good reason for adjusting the time. :)

You should be fine considering the time change is within the same day. That's like saying you're physically "cheating" in life for going back 8 hours once you leave Britain, no? (loljk. idk)

Leave the system in your American timezone if you're worried about it. It shouldn't matter whether or not other people call you out on it; you have a perfectly good reason for adjusting the time. :)

Can other people even tell that I had to change the time 8 hours back because of the time zone change?

No one will be able to notice as you use the 3DS clock, I wouldn't class it as cheating its only like changing your phone to a different time zone :)

Quick question, why the hell would you want to holiday here? In Britain? It's awful!

No one would know unless you specifically told them about it. Honestly though, it's not a big deal if you want to adjust the clock to fit your current timezone. Do as you please. I personally wouldn't label you as a 'cheater'.

Quick question, why the hell would you want to holiday here? In Britain? It's awful!

Haha, good question!

Changing the system time is your choice, if it was so out that it affected the opening times of shops during the day etc, then I'd change it too!

On city folk I made my time zone American because of my working and uni hours and I was getting home late therefore I didn't get to do anything! All my shops would be closed and everything and I wouldn't class that as cheating so :)

I don't think you should worry about what other people think about whether or not you change your clock 8 hours.
1. There's no way people would be able to tell you time traveled within the same day. The way people can tell if you are time traveling is if your tree dates are weird or your stores are much further than they should be.
2. It's no one's business how YOU play YOUR game. You don't have to explain your business to anyone. There are LOTS of time travelers out there. Check out a Japanese town from the dream mansion and find one of the MANY with Halloween stuff, the game didn't come out in time so they had to time travel.

The "stigma" of time traveling is getting ridiculous. I think that if you're going to have contests and stipulate "no time traveling" that's fine, but why should ANYONE care how someone else plays the game?

I'm going to be time traveling back to May 30 to start my town. Once I catch up, I plan to play as normal. But why does how I do something effect anyone else at all. If anything, you can come to my island before yours is open. =P

/off my soapbox

You don't need a whole thread dedicated to whether you should time travel or not. It's changing the date on a game, get over it.

You don't need a whole thread dedicated to whether you should time travel or not. It's changing the date on a game, get over it.

Thank you! xD I've been lurking the whole time.

Changing your game back eight hours is not a big deal. It's not worth worrying about and if you hadn't of made this thread, no one would have known anyway.
Do whatever you want in your game, it's your game! If someone gets upset about it and makes a big deal out of it to you, then don't play NL with them.

If this is really such a big issue to you, leave your 3DS clock alone and don't time travel.

This thread shouldn't be four pages.

Please don't backseat mod, if you have a problem, report it.

Also closing the thread, the question has been answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back