• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Rain doesn't water your flowers! [Mod note: disproven]

Pudge

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I apologize if this has already been posted or discussed. I just found this out recently from a NL player on Tumblr, and I found it very disappointing.

rain1.jpg
[+]

So I sent her a message asking for confirmation and...

rain2.jpg

:( I don't understand why Nintendo would do that?

It watered my flowers. After it finished raining, my flowers were sparkling, but during the rain, they didn't sparkle.

I was trying to make gold roses at the time, so I was very angry too. xD

It seems to. :) Not all of the flowers were watered though. A couple of them had withered even with the rain (but not the black roses, of course).

I was really disappointed for a second there, but I'm glad it's been proven wrong!

To be honest, it would be very illogical to keep dying grass but to remove rain watering the flowers.

It seems that there are a few bugs in the game that still need to be sorted out. I'm not sure if this is one or not, but going on what Mint said about them sparkling after the rain, it would make sense that they wouldn't sparkle until afterwards because during the rain they are still constantly being watered.

I feel dumb. I didn't know that flowers could watered by the rain even in past games! I don't grow flowers very often, so I guess that makes sense. But I remember watering my flowerbeds in the rain.

Yeah I was going to say "so they get watered in the other games during the rain, but not in NL, what?" XD haha but I'm glad it's been debunked c:

Hopefully in the US release all the flowers will sparkle after it rains. <<; I might end up with so many flowers it'll take hours to make sure they're all watered otherwise!

I have a question, since we're talking about watering flowers. I never watered flowers unless they were wilted in Wild World... am I supposed to water them more often than that? Should I water them more often when I get New Leaf?

I have a question, since we're talking about watering flowers. I never watered flowers unless they were wilted in Wild World... am I supposed to water them more often than that? Should I water them more often when I get New Leaf?

If you water flowers every day wilted or not, then they will not wilt and have the fullest chance of producing hybrids because they will not be wilted.

I am going for a Beautiful town though, so watering flowers won't be a big issue for me.

It seems like one of those things that the developers like to put in. It doesn't water all the plants, because in real life, some parts get more rain that others, even in a smaller town. So you need to check all of your area to make sure your flowers got enough water, and the ones that didn't you compensate for by watering them. It's important to do a runthrough during a rainy season on big farms in real life. I think this might be this way for a reason.

If you water flowers every day wilted or not, then they will not wilt and have the fullest chance of producing hybrids because they will not be wilted.

I am going for a Beautiful town though, so watering flowers won't be a big issue for me.

I'll likely be going for a Beautiful town as well. Worrying about weeds and flowers is my least favorite thing about the game and is usually what makes me get bored quickly. |:

I kept a lot of flowers in Wild World, but I tended to only water the wilting flowers and the flowers that I wanted to breed.

That's what I would do. I would only water the wilted ones.

I know this has nothing to do with this subject but, is it easy making hybrids on ACNL? I did hear something about 'once you plant a couple of flowers, they start to bloom everywhere..' I'm not exactly sure if that was true, but can anyone please answer my question...

I know this has nothing to do with this subject but, is it easy making hybrids on ACNL? I did hear something about 'once you plant a couple of flowers, they start to bloom everywhere..' I'm not exactly sure if that was true, but can anyone please answer my question...

Sometimes they are easy to make, sometimes they aren't. I got a black cosmos easily in my first town, but the my flowers in my current town are stubborn and don't want to make any.

Some hybrids are very complicated to make. A blue roses is made from red roses that were produced by a purple and orange rose.

I kind of understand some of the flowers not being watered by the rain...it is more realistic. The problem is finding out just which ones weren't watered. How long do the flowers sparkle after being watered? Do they do it for long enough to inspect your town to make sure everything's ok?

I kind of understand some of the flowers not being watered by the rain...it is more realistic. The problem is finding out just which ones weren't watered. How long do the flowers sparkle after being watered? Do they do it for long enough to inspect your town to make sure everything's ok?

They sparkle all day. :) It all depends on when the rain stops. If the rain lasts the entire time you're playing, you won't be able to check which flowers weren't watered.

Back