• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Rambling about the possibility of Animal Crossing at E3

Uh...why would E3 2019 be too late for a late 2019 release? Besides, I've heard that the Splatoon team is made up of the core Animal Crossing team, so that is definitely something to consider, especially since they are releasing all kinds of updates and DLC for Splatoon 2. This is possibly putting AC to the side. That's just what I've heard, and googling it just gives me varying answers as to how many of the team-members could possibly be overlaping.

Last edited:
Uh...why would E3 2019 be too late for a late 2019 release? Besides, I've heard that the Splatoon team is made up of the core Animal Crossing team, so that is definitely something to consider, especially since they are releasing all kinds of updates and DLC for Splatoon 2. This is possibly putting AC to the side. That's just what I've heard, and googling it just gives me varying answers as to how many of the team-members could possibly be overlaping.

Because usually between the first announcement and the release of the game is a way longer timespan than there would be between E3 2019 and late 2019. But I looked it up and they kind of did that with City Folk (announcement at E3 2008, release in November 2008) so it's not entirely impossible.

Regarding the staff, someone on YouTube actually researched what the Animal Crossing team is currently doing! He found out that for 95 people from the ACNL and the HHD staff, there is no information on what they're currently working on. And that number already exclues those that are working on Splatoon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8hNGIjhYfI This is the video in case you wanna watch it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'll believe it when it happens.
Until then, I'm quite satisfied with New Leaf.

Yeah I mean I started playing New Leaf again one week ago and so far it's super fun, but I'm currently close to 2000 hours in that game so I really could use something new :/

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah I'm actually more interested in learning more information about Mario Party. I honestly wouldn't be so upset if they hadn't hammered Smash so hard in. I get that it's popular but not everyone likes it and it shouldn't be the only thing you actually go into detail about at an event like E3. They should have saved all the minor info on it for a Direct

Yes exactly! Of course I'm sad that there was no Animal Crossing, but the way they overkilled it with Smash informations just made this entire presentation straight up ridiculous. Like some huge middlefinger towards those who are waiting for Animal Crossing, Metroid and so on.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm disappointed, but I have been wondering whether they'd just hold off for now and then make the announcement just a couple of months before release.

I'm sure it's coming, though; I really think the Switch is the perfect console for AC.

Yes I'm convinced it is coming! I heard there would be a Nintendo Direct regarding games released in 2019 later this year, so here's hoping.

Please Animal Crossing gods!! Bless us with a game for Switch!

@Pandaholic the thing you said about the Animal Crossing team looks promising :eek: I'm really hoping for at least a confirmation that it's coming sometime...

Back