• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

random ideas for ur animal crossing island

saucySheep

I've frikin' LEFT the forum :D bye!! won't miss ya
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Tasty Cake
Vesta
Yellow Star Fragment
Vesta
Tasty Cake
User Title Color Change
farm island - have a bunch of farm animal villagers (goats, sheep, pigs, horses, maybe Shep bc he's a shepard dog... tell me u get it). Get a bunch of qr codes that may fit into the farm theme. Have a large orchard, large flower gardens, turnip gardens, and fruit market. (I honestly wanna do this with my island xd)

aquatic weirdos - frogs, octopuses, and 'gaters. have a lot of natural water and place fish every where xd

foresty island - have villagers like deer, bears, bear cubs, birds, squirrels, wolves. Have a TON of trees and natural beauty. lol

an actual desert - remove all water, and terraform every thing to be sand. Have villagers like ostriches, savannah the horse that looks like a zebra, lions, maybe kangaroos

i c e - this'd be hard to do but make a lot of it water, have ice furniture, and have all penguin villagers. maybe tt and make it to be winter all the time to add to the effect

I have a winter themed island so ice is manageable. I saw a full barn on reddit with simple panels that has horses that would do well with a farm build.

Last edited:
I’m not entirely sure how to describe my island but it’s sorta based on the fairytale trope of finding a town of transformed humans, with the majority of the island devoted to a malevolent enchanted forest. For thematic purposes I’m going with mostly deer (the trope I’m using usually involves one related set of species-I’m using deer but I’ve seen it with horses and fish)

carnival theme - have the food carts, cup ride and then lots of hedge mazes. very conformed, so no random tree or flower areas, all specific and organized. only one river with a fancy bridge set up perfectly for watching fireworks. have villagers like pietro and other oddly dressed villagers

I have a medieval theme for my island from the looks of things right now, I have a couple different things going on. I have a “town” area, a countryside, magical ancient ruins, middle eastern like port town, and a beach leading to the base of the red templars (a faction in dragon age inquisition). My island has mostly cats, a horse, sheep (temporary) goat and frog (temporary) villager. So, mine doesn’t have a restriction on villager types lol. I will eventually get Ankha but even without the port town, I’d get her anyways. :)

Those ideas are really interesting! I'd love to visit a desert or water/ice island. I never thought to have a theme like that, so far my island is just a normal town.

I had one idea that I couldn't bring myself to actually do and on top of that I wouldn't really know how to best execute it.

So, my island is called Solfège, and for anyone unfamiliar with that word, the easiest description is that it's the system of syllables like "do-re-mi" and so on. I thought it could be fun to find villagers whose names follow that pattern, but that's hard to do, especially when trying to balance personalities. Also, there aren't any villagers whose names start with "la." And then on top of that so many of them would be normal :/

Ideas include:
Dobie/Dora, Renee/Reneigh/Raymond, Miranda/Mitzi, Fauna (obvious, also cuz of her Japanese name), Soleil, maybe Lolly?, Tia.

It's not perfectly thought out and I doubt I'd ever go through with it, just a fun random idea.

I had one idea that I couldn't bring myself to actually do and on top of that I wouldn't really know how to best execute it.

So, my island is called Solfège, and for anyone unfamiliar with that word, the easiest description is that it's the system of syllables like "do-re-mi" and so on. I thought it could be fun to find villagers whose names follow that pattern, but that's hard to do, especially when trying to balance personalities. Also, there aren't any villagers whose names start with "la." And then on top of that so many of them would be normal :/

Ideas include:
Dobie/Dora, Renee/Reneigh/Raymond, Miranda/Mitzi, Fauna (obvious, also cuz of her Japanese name), Soleil, maybe Lolly?, Tia.

It's not perfectly thought out and I doubt I'd ever go through with it, just a fun random idea.
thaaaat's interesting.

I'm not musically inclined so it doesn't make a whole lot of sense but that is cool.

I have seen a Desert island on reddit before!
Their imagination is amazing with not that much furniture choice currently

These are all really neat ideas!

Ideas include:

This is a pretty big stretch, but Raddle the lazy frog's birthday is on June 6th (assuming the movable do solfège system).

I pretty much have a zen, city, forest and star themed island.
Although my ideas there were
-Poolside cafe
-Beachside cafe
-Mermaid bar
-Hot spring
-Shopping district
-Museum area with small cafe and shop
-Forest
-Orchard
-Rock garden
And more

these are great ideas!! my island is shaping out to have a bit of a ‘rustic’ theme but i’d love to have an ice/winter themed island at some point! :)

I’m surprised no one has made an ocean themed town yet.

Get a custom water floor and replace all grass. ‘kelp forest’ with bamboo. Get a metric ton of ocean fish models and you can make little schools of fishies. Use flowers for pops of color in ‘coral reef’ section.

Villagers would be Octopuses with your choice of penguins, alligators, and hippos. (Ruby could make a cute ‘sea bunny’ since those do exist.

Decor would definitely steer towards mermaid and possibly ice for an Antarctic or iceberg area. Annnnd that’s about all I’ve got

Back