Do you use weeds to decorate your island?

Do you use weeds to decorate your Island?

• Yes

Votes: 45 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 9 16.7%

• Total voters
I don't really decorate my island to be honest. Never been a fan of the decorating aspect, but I do have weeds just because they spread naturally, and I don't really bother picking them up.

I think the weeds are WAYYY too cute to completely remove. On my old island, I had them around my fishing hole in the mountains and around the bends in the rivers, and I loved the look! On my new island I'm literally collecting stacks of weeds because when I get to a point where I feel like my island is otherwise "complete" I want to cover almost all of the bare ground with little stage 1 weeds- they are soooo cute, the little clover, the grass blades, etc. It'll be a while until I get to that point but it also is going to take a lot of weeds, so. I can appreciate that some island aesthetics don't mesh with weeds, but I think I'll always go for a more wilderness/natural look, so they'll always have a place with me.

I usually don't like weeds growing and if I see a bunch of them I have to go around my whole island to pick them! The only season I do like them is in winter. I think they look really cool in the snow!

I have an abandoned part of the island that is supposed to be haunted so yes I have allowed weeds to grow there as a part of the aesthetic.

Yes but I try to keep them contained so that they don't spread and grow and then I don't remember where the original weeds were by the time I pick the game back up again 😝 some of them still manage to find their way out of containment

Yes, I really enjoy using weeds to decorate my island. They add a more natural, overgrown look that makes my island feel more lived-in.

I’m not really a fan of how the weeds look in New Horizons. So I don’t use them to decorate around the island but I did used to have them around my town in New Leaf.

I absolutely do! My island has never been and will never be a 5 star island because I love how the weeds look.

I love putting weeds around, but I tend to forget them and then they get out of control. :'3

429918623_758688976225453_4059988604453117692_n.jpg

371887489_665223518905333_842541577995815086_n.jpg

267214666_283374287090260_3894839099567607660_n.jpg

I've used weeds as decoration since I started this island(Billington).I like how they change from season to season.

I love weeds and glowing moss, if we’re considering it as a weed, to decorate areas. It can add the overgrown look or a more natural appel

Yes, I have them sitting in very small places on my island. They're so much prettier in this game. Even though I have use them as decoration back in New Leaf as well.

hell yeah weeds are pretty!! im actually surprised isabelle still gave me 5* island rating after putting a lot of weed around the island 🫢

the weeds change is honestly one of the best things about new horizons, and I only wish we could 'freeze' the growth stages

I use them in a couple of specificed areas on my island
Post automatically merged:

hell yeah weeds are pretty!! im actually surprised isabelle still gave me 5* island rating after putting a lot of weed around the island 🫢

weeds you place don't count against your island evaluation score, but weeds that spawn in naturally do

Definitely, the different weeds in NH is a welcome addition. I've used them quite a lot in my nature displays outside of the museum, with bug and fish models. I really like both how there are different weeds (and different stages of growth), and how they change between seasons! The autumn ones which look similar to wheat/hay are lovely.

Yeah, I have this one space that’s a fruit tree forest boxed in on the left and right by cliffs and on the top and bottom. It’s super dense (to the point where I can't access most of the fruit so I don’t recommend it haha) but the weeds give it a more realistic forest floor feeling and add to that plant density.

I use weeds to accent the landscape on my island. I like that they change with the seasons too, it’s a nice touch.

Yes. While I am not the biggest fan of how the weeds look in New Horizons, I love how they change throughout the seasons! I also do appreciate how they can transform certain areas into a more natural and overgrown aesthetic, really making some areas stand out.

Yes, my island has an abandoned section with ancient ruins, so the weeds are a nice complement to that area. However, I'm trying to get a Five Star Island and hence haven't used any weeds yet to decorate my island. Though once I've accomplished that, I'll use the weeds I've collected to decorate parts of my island.

Back