• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Random Poems!

coffeebean!

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
So, one time 3 years ago in 5th grade, I wrote a limerick and a haiku for a project, and I still remember them! Here they are!

Limerick:

There was once a girl named Sue
Who's favorite word was Moo
And one day she said it
And had to regret it
Because she caught the flu

Haiku:

Rabbits eat a lot
they like carrots best of all
or maybe lettuce

:dance: What'dya think?

hm... I see the meanings of these. Obviously, Moo is a bad word that people should never say, but then once she said it, she was punished for it.

And the rabbits symbolize kids. They always say they are in love with someone, but then they change. The carrot is someone, but then, they like lettuce...

I love your use of symbolizm to outline the problems of the everyday world.

Bacon Boy said:
am I the only one who noticed her use of symbolizm?
Hahahaha! That's funny, really. I never really made it symbolize anything. I didn't know it even had a meaning.....lol thats funny. I just followed the way to do those types of poems to make funny ones. That's cool though. They have a meaning! Yes! :yay:

Bacon Boy said:
I can't understand how you thought someone in 5th grade could use that level of symbolism :p

Jas0n said:
Bacon Boy said:
I can't understand how you thought someone in 5th grade could use that level of symbolism :p
I was in 5th grade. :p Now I'm in 8th thank you very much. xD Sorry, just had to say it.

coffeebean! said:
Jas0n said:
Bacon Boy said:
I was in 5th grade. :p Now I'm in 8th thank you very much. xD Sorry, just had to say it.
Yea I realised that. I was referring to anyone that's in 5th grade when I said 'someone' and that just happened to include past you.

Jas0n said:
coffeebean! said:
Jas0n said:
Bacon Boy said:
Yea I realised that. I was referring to anyone that's in 5th grade when I said 'someone' and that just happened to include past you.
I think over the top and logically a lot. Especially when I'm bored. I got bored and made everything harder than it actually was... :D but it works!

Out of everything in writing, I've hated and loved poems the most.

Anyway, they're pretty good.

OddCrazyMe said:
Out of everything in writing, I've hated and loved poems the most.

Anyway, they're pretty good.
I agree with you OCM. Frankly, I dislike writing poems. But when I write em, I'm extremely good. But I don't like poems... Not at all...

I'm not a fan of writing poems, but when I have to write them, for this project for instance, than I come up with like the wackest and coolest poems! I gave away a few funny poems to my friends who were working in this project too, when I was in 5th grade. I'm not the poem type, but I've only done it for myself out of sadness once, the rest is like for school. :smiletounge:

Mine are serious... but I can't post them, cause they contain religious references and Storm'll get mad if I put them in. They're Christian based...

coffeebean! said:
I like haikus too. They're just so simple and easy to make. 5,7,5. Easy BAM. Woot. :gyroiddance:
TOO simple^

Haiku:

"Five syllables here,
Here are seven more for you,
This is just filler."

Bacon Boy - Don't flatter yourself. If you can write poetry "extremely good" then produce some proof of it. We'll be the judges of that. I know a million kids that think they can write poetry, and they suck - really suck.

Back