• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Rate the Pokémon

Caecae97

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
6692-8246-9698
Island
Ula'ula
Silver Mailbox
So, with almost, if not more than 1000 Pokémon, there's always going to be one that people love or people hate. Here, you can rate Pokemon on a scale of 1-10. Here's an example of how this will go

User 1: Goodra

User 2: 6/10: I like Pokémon that are friendly, but I wouldn't want to be hugged by a giant slug dragon. Celebi?

User 3: 8/10 Cute mythical, very versatile. Milcery?

And so on. If you have a love/hate for a specific Pokémon, you can use negatives or numbers over ten, just don't overdo it

I'll start us off

Trash Cloak Wormadan?

9/10 - I absolutely love Helioptile. It's such an adorable little dude, and I'm a sucker for the cute (and actually usable) electric types. My main drawback with it is the normal typing gives it a weakness to fighting types without really anything to compensate (he can't learn Hyper Voice until evolving into Heliolisk, and neither get access to Boomburst)

Jellicent?

Jellicent is a big funny guy. I prefer the male design over the female, but they're both funny. Not sure if I really understand the theme though. Like what do kings and queens have to do with jellyfish? Also the ghost typing being a last minute addition to the line for balancing purposes muddles it further, kind of a trainwreck of a design really. 4/10

Haunter?

I like its in-between-dimensions design and a good middle evo between a gaseous form (Gastly) and mostly-solid form (Gengar). Freaked me out when I was a child when I saw it the first time in Blue version. It and Gengar are probably a reason why Gastly can learn the elemental punches I guess. Haunter (along with Gastly and Gengar) never made sense why its a Poison type. I guess its Poison typing had something to do with poisonous gases like miasma and maybe to make Mewtwo the strongest Pokémon but whatever the case I still see it more as a Ghost type than a Poison type. 8/10

Chimecho?

Last edited:
8/10. I love windchimes and it’s such a cute and wonderful friend. It would be cool with more variants though.

Garbodor?

A lot of people hate garbodor, I don't have as strong of feeling about it though, like I think the concept is fine, but I'm not a huge fan of the execution, the design is kind of bland and the shiny is uninspired. 5/10

Spinarak?

First spider Pokémon but it doesn't have eight legs!!! I liked that it was used for the new day and night feature for the Gen 2 games. I prefer Ariados over it but the design is good enough and cute for a first stage. 7/10

Heracross?

7/10 it's neat and has good typing but never been my favorite bug type

Crobat

Back