• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Raymond or Marshal, help me choose (sorry!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, thank you for saying that there is no shame in liking popular villagers. I’ve felt alot of animosity towards people who (outside the bell tree ofc). As for your dilemma, I can tell by reading this that your heart is set on Marshal. Even though I prefer Raymond, Marshal is your boy

Having them both, no. Marshal's subtype personality is music while Raymond is nature.

Marshal (in my game anyways) is reserved and introverted but likes to sing. Raymond on the other hand is a ray of sunshine and more happy-go-lucky. He loves the outdoors and will brighten everyone's day. (really, I have Mar and Jacques, compared to them, Ray's dialog/tone is more chipper than them)

I think their voice pitch slightly differs too.

Yes! This exactly describes how they are in my village. Marshal is a bit more of a bully however and poor Raymond gets bullied!

Last edited:
I didn't choose between Marshal or Raymond but now that I have Marshal in my island, I don't think I can ever part ways with him...

I do have both and I'm getting more fond of Raymond... Though I agree that Marshal's house is way better. But I still love them both. They're kind of different with a few same dialogue here and there but otherwise they're pretty great.

I agree with everyone else: Your post sounds like you love them both!! If I were you, I would just keep them both haha, but if you have to choose, choose Marshal. Now that I have him, I am actually pleasantly surprised by how cute Marshal is! Like everyone else's Marshal, mine sings constantly. He's always dancing outside my house.😭His tail also looks like a cinnamon bun. I am never giving him away hahaha

I say go nuts and have them both! :giggle:
Is clear you love them and you're already are very lucky to have Raymond without island hopping or looking in the campsite...also if you let him go and somehow regret it, would be hard to find him again (besides, you can always decide later and keep him meanwhile?)

I have both (for rn) and honestly, you can’t go wrong with either of them. I do prefer Marshal because of nostalgia and of how cute he is. Seriously, he is too cute especially since he loves to sing! Raymond is very good too with his his cute little fangs.

Thank you so much for all of the replies everyone! As of right now I'd have to say I do like Marshal more, but I'm not ready to part with Raymond either.

I'm beyond happy to hear that they seem to be different personality subtypes, which has made the decision to try both much easier. I have Audie and Bianca rn and they are both Peppy, but different subtypes, so it doesn't bother me at all.

I can also give one away later if it eventually bothers me to have both.

And I don't care if people think I'm boring or "basic" for having both. I like who I like 😊

I have both Raymond and Marshal, and let me say, they are not similar! I know the haters out there will say that they're exact carbon copies, but they're not. In my experience, Marshal is more reserved and quiet and Raymond is more outgoing. Yeah their dialogue may be the same or similar, but they do have their own differences that I appreciate. I love them both dearly. So I would say keep both of them, and if that is not a choice, based on your writing I would say keep Marshal.

I love both! I have them both on my island and have not regretted it yet. At the same time, in your post it honestly seems like you want Marshal more, so don't be afraid to boot Raymond out if you don't want him on your island. Just because he's popular and a bit hard to get, it doesn't mean you should keep him for the sake of keeping him.

They are a bit different (only subtly) since Marshal sings and Raymond waters flowers :)

Marsahal is my son, I will always vote for Marshal.

I have 0 connection or interest in Raymond, and frankly, I'd be too concerned about getting him from someone else anyway, with all the cloning and such I've heard about.

You sound like you prefer Marshal more, and I would agree I think his personality is probably a bit better than Raymond if your not into that business stuff and his design isn't really the best imo, I think he is a bit to obsessed with work for me. Overall it's your choice, maybe since you had Marshall before you might want to try doing more with Raymond and see if you like him more, but I mean if the best thing you like about him is his wave as you leave, you probably won't have many enjoyable experiences with him as at least for me I only go 0-2 times in a villagers house a day and mostly talk to them outside when their doing things like fishing, catching bugs, watering flowers etc... I think Marshall is probably a better bet.

Marshal. There’s something about him. I can’t explain...
Raymond has a more obnoxious vibe to him and while I like him, I think I’ll give him away when he asks to move.

since it seems like they're different subtypes, i don't see why you shouldn't just get both! you obviously love them both a lot. might as well get both and, if having two smugs ends up bugging you that much, you can let go whichever one you end up less attached to.

and no need to apologize for the thread...if people are that pressed about this topic then they can just not click on it. there's nothing wrong with liking popular villagers :)

So, we have a decision process (of sorts) in my family. Say everyone says "Pick Marshal!". Don't think about it, does that decision make you sad or happy? If it makes you happy, I think we have a winner! If your heart sinks when you see all of the comments, go Raymond! If you feel indifferent (no reaction), then let the comments decide your fate.

My personal opinion is Marshal. I have him in my town and he is lovely!

I am baised beacuse i have Marshal in my NL town, and i went through so much to get him again after he left my town one day! He is sooo cute to me! I think i am starting to prefer squirrels over cats in general.

I wouldn't mind having both if it were me tbh, don't know what their subtypes are but that only affects a pretty small portion of best friend level dialogue anyway--to me what really helps 2 villagers feel different is their hobbies, and Marshal does in fact have the music one while Raymond's is nature. If I had to pick one I'd go with Marshal because I honestly like him a lot better!

I have them both on my island, but I love Marshal so much more. They both have the same dialogue, but somehow it's more endearing coming from Marshal.

Keep Marshal.

Raymond is adorable and all, but if he's on your friends island then you can visit him whenever and leave his house and see his wave. But Marshal has been with you in the past and he has a little more sentimental. They're both smug, but Marshal looks so much more like a bratty little kid than Raymond who seems like a pricky office worker. But I do love him too!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back