• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Region(Language)-Specific Events

Liquefy

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Cake
My fourth published Japanese guide arrived today. It's the "official" Nintendo guide, published by Shogakukan. It was sold out by the time I ordered my guides, but they printed more.

Anyway, it gives the best details about region(language)-specific holidays:

North America:
February 2 - Groundhog Day - Resetti Model
March 17 - Shamrock Day - Shamrock Hat
April 22 - Earth Day - Cool Globe
Last Friday in April - Grass Day
First Monday in September - Labor Day - Picnic Basket
September ? or October ? - Autumn Moon - Wheat Bundle
Second Monday in October - Explorer's Day - Sailboat Model
and for Countdown: Sparkling Cider for English and French; 12 Grapes for Spanish

Korea:
January ? or February ? - Lunar New Year - Yut
February ? or March ? - Daeboreum - Bureom
March 2 - Grass Day
April 5 - Arbor Day - Hibiscus
May 15 - Teachers' Day - Red Carnation Bag
September ? or October ? - Chuseok (Autumn Moon) - Songpyeon
and for Countdown: Bell Ornament

Europe:
March 17 - Shamrock Day - Shamrock Hat
Last Saturday in April - Grass Day
September ? or October ? - Autumn Moon - Veggie Basket
December 6 - Naughty-or-Nice Day - Wall Sock
and for Countdown: Sparkling Cider for French; Berliner for German; 12 Grapes for Spanish; Blow Streamer for English

Japan:
February 3 - Setsubun (Bean Day) - Blue Ogre Mask or Red Ogre Mask
March 3 - Hinamatsuri (Girl's Day) - Rice Cake
May 5 - Kodomo no hi (Boy's Day) - Newsprint Helmet
July 7 - Tanabata - Bamboo Grass
August 15 or 16 - Obon - Eggplant Cow or Cucumber Horse
September 3 - Grass Day
September ? or October ? - Otsukimi (Autumn Moon) - Dango
and for Countdown: New Year's Eve Noodles

I suspect Mother's Day and Father's Day will also be region(language)-specific.

Last edited:
This is awesome thanks! I was kinda hoping they would leave some Japanese specific holidays in there but still great. :)

My fourth published Japanese guide arrived today. It's the "official" Nintendo guide, published by Shogakukan. It was sold out by the time I ordered my guides, but they printed more.

Anyway, it gives the best details about region(language)-specific holidays:

North America:
February 2 - Groundhog Day
March 17 - Shamrock Day
April 22 - Earth Day
Last Friday in April - Grass Day
First Monday in September - Labor Day
September ? or October ? - Autumn Moon
Second Monday in October - Explorer's Day
and for Countdown: Sparkling Cider for English and French; 12 Grapes for Spanish

Korea:
January ? or February ? - Lunar New Year
February ? or March ? - Daeboreum
March 2 - Grass Day
April 5 - Arbor Day
May 15 - Teachers' Day
September ? or October ? - Chuseok
and for Countdown: Bell Ornament

Europe:
March 17 - Shamrock Day
Last Saturday in April - Grass Day
September ? or October ? - Autumn Moon
December 6 - Naughty-or-Nice Day
and for Countdown: Sparkling Cider for French; Berliner for German; 12 Grapes for Spanish; Blow Streamer for English

Japan:
February 3 - Setsubun
March 3 - Hinamatsuri
May 5 - Kodomo no hi
July 7 - Tanabata
August 15 or 16 - Obon
September 3 - Grass Day
September ? or October ? - Otsukimi
and for Countdown: New Year's Eve Noodles

I suspect Mother's Day and Father's Day will also be region(language)-specific.

Dont forget Girls day and Boys day. I wish they would merge NA and EU holidays! I get they don't really work but I wish they would!

Wow Europe, you're filled with so many countries and you still give us the least amount of holidays.

Does it happen to mention what the items are that you can obtain during them? I would love to know so I can compile a list of all region items I need to obtain :)

Thank you very much liquefy! :D Looks like most of the items are the same as the cf ones. That kinda makes me happy cause I think it'll be harder for me to get them in this game and there wasn't any that I really loved in CF.

I too wish they would merge all the holidays. It would be a great learning too to learn about the holidays of other regions.

PS: The shamrock hat was a City Folk DLC item, right?

I too wish they would merge all the holidays. It would be a great learning too to learn about the holidays of other regions.

yes

Now... SOMEONE HAD BETTER GET ME THE BEEEAAANS! I really want to feed the ducks like WiiFolderJosh did. :'(

Zen will give me some beans, if not I will stab him :)

Yeah :( It'd be really nice.

Seeing so many items that will be such a pain to get makes me really sad

Does each character in your town get the gift on the holiday?
It'd be neat if they do. Someone could set up an international gift network, so that people in other countries could get the exclusive gifts from region-specific holidays. So all the gifts the extra characters got could be given away to people. But thats only if the gifts you get on the holidays aren't orderable from Timmy & Tommy's. If they're orderable, maybe people out there will let others catalogue it?

They're typically not orderable but if you go to the town during the holiday of another region you can get the item yourself. A lot of people did that in CF but then hacking happened so it was no longer necessary. I'm hoping people from every region/language will be as kind as they were before so we can all experience new things.

Back