• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Regional Items in Real Life

Cheryll

im awkward
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Blue Star Fragment
Happy Ditto Easter Egg
ど
ぶ
つ
:0 So, recently, I've been interested in different regional stuff in ACNL like...
If you play ACNL in Spanish, even in the NA version, you'll get a twelve-grape plate from New Years.

So, here it is. owo Also, happy SpOwOpies.
Btw, I don't have some because I can't find it. :]

日本 (JPN)
Kadomatsu - literally means gate pine. You place it in the front of your house. Kami can live in those pine trees. Anyway, my friend broke his kadomatsu last night. RIP.

Kagami Mochi - NANI!? MOCHI!? Yes, mochi. Well...it's another New Years thing. Basically, there are two mochis. One is larger on the bottom with the other on the top. There is a daidai (an Asian citrus fruit :/) with finally a leaf. I mean...I would eat this. Wait...kombu [I follow pronunciation with my romanization) and a skewer of kaki (persimmons) as well!? Mm...

Good Luck Rolls and Beans - All for the Setsubun festival. :] Basically, say BEGONE DEMON THOTS to the bad guys by...throwing beans. :0 I'm throwing at my villagers...my villagers are demons! Time to evict them. Okay, good luck rolls look like maki rolls. TO ME. :] Also, they're a Stardew Valley item.

Carp Banner - Koinobori (carp banner), you'll see these a lot. For Children's Day, basically these things are everywhere, flying in the wind. As a kid, I got tangled in these...don't ask. >;[

Hinaningyo - Ah yes, hinamatsuri. Basically, a doll display. Two huge dolls (empress and one other) on the top. Wow, they think they're special. >:[ And then the musicians on the bottom which I call them peasants. I still have a Hina doll. It's dead now. :[

Rice Cake - Look up rice cakes. OMG, try this Korean one. Here's a really different looking one. Here's a recipe. Have some mom's spaghetti. :[ So, the actual name is...rice cake. I can't find it. Anyway, it's probably cakes stacked together. You get this at March, which is when the cherry blossoms appear really south, like...Okinawa or Kyushu south. Yep, some nice pink, white and green.

Rice Cooker - RIP, my rice cooker broke. Why are you breaking all of your stuff? Um...I'm just really clumsy. Anyway...I'm not really saying companies since there's always one person who thinks I'm sponsoring. So, I say it is Zojirushi NS-ZCC10. Please, not sponsoring

Ogre Masks - Once again for Setsubun. So, someone will wear this Oni mask and you throw beans. I got a bean thrown at me from my friend. I mean...I was a demon back then.

Tokonoma - You can say toko if you want, it is basically a display for artistic appreciation. Ah...beautiful. I have one. It's in my house. I never look at it since I'm busy. :'3

Blossom Lantern - No actual name, it's just art. :]

Bamboo Grass - This is for the Tanabata festival. So, people thought bamboo had religious powers. :0 So...they ripped them off the ground, tied them, and wrote their wishes there.

Ceramic Hot Pot - Once again, no sponsoring. Just saying a specific product due to its resemblance with their ACNL counterparts. I think it is Kyoto Maple 9-3/4-Inch Donabe Japanese Hot Pot. It has a similar shape and color, the top is not seen so I can't really say...aw yeah, this is correct. Mm...I want some nabe (hot pot) now.

Cucumber Horse and Eggplant Cow - WTF!? Hm? What are these, Japan is crazy!? Okay, lemme explain. So, these are like dolls. You can do a bunch of religious stuff I'm too lazy to research. :] It's 11pm when I wrote this.

Dango - Ooh, autumn is coming. Dango is a Japanese dumpling from mochi. You eat these at Tsukimi, the Autumn moon festival for Japan. I tried making one, it sucked. :]

Shogi Piece - Basically a board game piece. A bunch of stuff. The problem is...the ACNL ones are huge! :0 Ok!?

Sushi Platter - Do I have to explain?

Flashy Flower Sign - They are like what it looks. Beautiful. Only seen them when a new restaurant opened in my area. :/

New Year's Noodles - *slurp* Mm...shrimp tempura...oh uh...hi! The actual item is toshikoshi soba. Soba is buckwheat noodles. You eat this to get rid of bad ideas from the past year to welcome new for the next. :] Okay, next...swim over there.

Okay, is that an island? Jeju? Okay, we're in Korea now. :]

한국 (Korea)
Yut Nori - This is a nice game where I totally did not get hit by tossing a stick in the air. Okay...so...this is a New Year's board game. It's pretty fun...totally did not lose twice.

Bureom - Beans. I can feel the immature fart jokes coming.

G[K]imbap Plate - Don't attack me, I spell with a G. Also, don't say these are sushi. I tried them, they don't really taste like sushi. They're more like...a roll with rice. So yep. :3

Hibiscus - Sikmogil, the Korean Arbor Day. It's not a national holiday anymore. :[ Our Earth is dying. Anyway, they were like...what's a tree...oh, a hibiscus.

School Cap, White School Cap - Don't actually know, school uniform? High education standards?

Songpyeon - Like dango, eaten at the Autumn Moon Festival. Chuseok. Mm...rice cakes.

Tteok Plate - Oh, tteokbokki! Well...ok, you're right...I guess. Anyway, tteokbokki is actually spicy rice cakes, the ACNL ones look like regular rice cakes. :]

Bell Knickknack - *ding* The Bell of Seongdeok is here. It is huge, and looks like the ACNL ones. Wait...I have to walk!? Europe!? Ugh...

Europe
Flamenco Hat - Ah, come take my hand. Oh wait, I have no friends. :[ Anyway, looked them up, and I want one. Flamenco hats are, I think Spanish according to Google.

Tam-o'-shanter - A Scottish hat worn by men. :] I want one as well. Wait...NA gets all the boring stuff. I see you Nintendo. >:[

Veggie Basket - Gotta grow those veggies at the Autumn Moon Festival. Wait, they don't celebrate that. Well...hand some veggies.

Holiday Stocking - Are you naughty? Yeah, ;]. Ew! No, are you nice or naughty? So, you get this item from the Nice or Naughty Day.

Twelve-Grape Plate - Like I explained, something about eating 12 grapes for good luck. Wow, I wish I could eat grapes for good luck.

Anyway, bye!

Last edited:
It's a very nice idea! to discuss or learn the cultural background of items in different regions. Just some of words that's written there about JP items are not very accurate.
Wouldn't it be nicer if we could give some explanation to share as update, like wiki?

Last edited:
Back