• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Regrets...

minibeast01

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Hey guys... Is it cheating in considered cheating in New Leaf if when pokemon rumble blast came out I changed the date to get more play coins after i got my 10 for the day,but don't do it anymore and spent the remaining play coins on puzzle pieces, and changed the date back to normal?

Hey guys... Is it cheating in considered cheating in New Leaf if when pokemon rumble blast came out I changed the date to get more play coins after i got my 10 for the day,but don't do it anymore and spent the remaining play coins on puzzle pieces, and changed the date back to normal?

I am a little confused by your question....firstly, I don't think it will harm anything in AC if you change the date on your DS for more coins, but don't start the game. I imagine it is fine, but I don't know. I have however changed the date before to get more coins from that day. I don't see it as a big deal and don't care if it is in the cheating sense. If I were you though, I wouldn't change the date and then start AC to avoid any issues within the game. If it worries you so much, just avoid it altogether but it probably isn't a big deal. Especially if this was in the past and you don't intend to do it anymore, you are fine.

To be honest, nobody really cares what you do. We don't mind if you change the date especially if it's just for play coins. Sorry if this sounded rude.

I don't change the date anymore to get coins and spent all my coins so the coins I now have are a legitimate... :) I hope im not concetered a cheater, because I spent all the illegitamate play coins and am now not cheating to get the.

I'd say I'm just looking for some assurance that I'm playing all legitamate and no cheats, even because of what I did in the past.

In case some of you didn't understand... I spent all the play coins I cheated to get... So I currently have 0 play coins... And I am not going to cheat to get play coins anymore.

Last edited:
Unless you go on other towns, you'll get from 1 to 2 fortune cookies a day. This means you should have at least 4 play coins with you, therefore making time travel unnecessary in first place since you'll get a maximum of 10 play coins a day.

If you know on how to time traveling in the most optimal way (unfortunately, most people don't seem to know that rather well), then this game won't punish you as bad as Tomodachi Collection: New Life does.
The latter seems to know everytime I change the clock no matter how I do. Advance the clock by a minute and the game will scold me. If this happen, the game will prevent the stores from refurbishing and donations for a day or so (and that's without messing the clock again). I found it's quite a cheap and pointless way to punish the gamers who were simply correcting their time to the actual one. Some players want to add more variety fast enough, especially given that the game is noticeably more repetitive and boring than Animal Crossing in comparaison.
Okay, enough ranting for now, or I would end up getting out of the topic. :p At least, you get an idea on how lenient is Animal Crossing in general.

I don't play w/ cheaters! Hehe, jk. The AC series really lacks any competitive overtones, that's okay in my book- do what you like!

Wasn't this issue already covered in your last thread (whether or not tting is cheating)?
Do whatever you want. It's your game.

You don't need the community to approve everything you plan on doing with your game. In the end, it will only affect your game and if it really bothers you that much, then don't time travel.

Last edited:
I was asking if I was still cheating, even though I stopped changing the date and used up all the play coins I had from changing the date...

Yeah, I would have to agree with the majority of the thread and say who cares? Not being mean but I plan on setting my time a little different once I get the game, primarily because I usually work till midnight so I miss the heart of the day stuff. Play coins mean nothing really.

Back