• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Release Date

KCourtnee

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Okay so I thought that AC3DS came out in August, but I asked my GameStop and they say it comes out in Jabuary :D

Nintendo hasn't announced any kind of release date for Animal Crossing 3DS yet. GameStop doesn't know anything that we don't. Anything that GameStop tells you is just a placeholder date, it means nothing.

Also, although a release date has yet to be announced, Nintendo has strongly hinted that the game will not be coming out this year. If I were to guess, I'd say early to mid 2012. But that's just pure speculation.

I think maybe between October-December 2011 or Between January-March 2012

Also kinda off the topic but didn't the creator of animal crossing said that there will be a downloadable movie soon ?
Maybe that movie can give us more information :D

Last edited:
I think maybe between October-December this year or Between January-March

Also kinda off the topic but didn't the creator of animal crossing said that there will be a downloadable movie soon ?
Maybe that movie can give us more information :D
By "the creator of animal crossing" I assume you mean Nintendo, and by "downloadable movie" I assume you mean the Animal Crossing 3DS E3 trailer, which was available to download on the Nintendo eShop for awhile, but has since been removed, along with all the other E3 trailers.

And there's no way the game's coming out this year.

By "the creator of animal crossing" I assume you mean Nintendo, and by "downloadable movie" I assume you mean the Animal Crossing 3DS E3 trailer, which was available to download on the Nintendo eShop for awhile, but has since been removed, along with all the other E3 trailers.

And there's no way the game's coming out this year.

No I mean this announcement that was posted on Nintendo 3DSblog on June 17 10 days after E3 :
Katsuya Eguchi, the creator of *Animal Crossing* has shared the following message:

> To those Animal Crossing fans, I just would like them to know that there’s progress and we should be able to offer a new download movie soon. As for features and specs of the game, I can’t go into too much detail, but players will be able to arrange their furniture the way they like, and we’ll be offering new networking experiences.

No I mean this announcement that was posted on Nintendo 3DSblog on June 17 10 days after E3 :
Katsuya Eguchi, the creator of *Animal Crossing* has shared the following message:

> To those Animal Crossing fans, I just would like them to know that there’s progress and we should be able to offer a new download movie soon. As for features and specs of the game, I can’t go into too much detail, but players will be able to arrange their furniture the way they like, and we’ll be offering new networking experiences.
What?! How did I miss something like this?!

Sorry for assuming that you were thinking of something else, but this just comes as a complete surprise to me. I'm on Nintendo blogs all day, and I pretty much know about every ounce of Nintendo news as soon as it happens. Dunno how this one snuck past me.

Anyway, this is very interesting. Wonder if they're finally bring the Animal Crossing movie outside of Japan.

EDIT: Actually, after reading the original article, I do remember hearing about this. It's from mid June, and they were talking about the E3 video. Nothing new here. =/

Last edited:
EDIT: Actually, after reading the original article, I do remember hearing about this. It's from mid June, and they were talking about the E3 video. Nothing new here. =/

Oh so there were talking about it silly me I guess I was to excited about that article :3

I thought it was going to be a new movie

Well I still hope we get some new information

Well we all said this about City Folk, it coming out in 2009, and not 2008, and lookie there, it came out in November of 2008 (US). We know as much about AC3DS as we did this time 3 years ago about City Folk.
I still think it might come out late this year or early next year.

Well we all said this about City Folk, it coming out in 2009, and not 2008, and lookie there, it came out in November of 2008 (US). We know as much about AC3DS as we did this time 3 years ago about City Folk.
I still think it might come out late this year or early next year.
It's very unlikely that it would release this year. Not only has Nintendo hinted that it probably won't be releasing this year, but there's already so many other 3DS games from Nintendo coming out by the end of this year: Super Mario, Mario Kart, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and Star Fox 64 3D.

It's very unlikely that it would release this year. Not only has Nintendo hinted that it probably won't be releasing this year, but there's already so many other 3DS games from Nintendo coming out by the end of this year: Super Mario, Mario Kart, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and Star Fox 64 3D.

Yeahhh true that!
I'm sure this game will be worth the wait, though! It looks amazing! :)

I was talking this over with someone I know that is also interested in Animal Crossing, and we came to some conclusions about the release date. Personally, we think it will be released in late 2011 (December, maybe) for 2 reasons. One, they released the E3 videos for the other releases (like Super Mario, Mario Kart, etc.) the same time they released the E3 for Animal Crossing. Why wouldn't they release Animal Crossing the same time as the other releases? Two, we think they would release the game around December, because that's when everyone is buying Christmas presents. Therefore, the sales would be more than if they released it in the months following Christmas.
This is pretty much just speculations, though, and it is possible for it to be released in 2012. No one can really know for sure until Nintendo announces the release date. We can only hope. :(

I'm guessing a 2012 release date because of all of the major titles coming out this year.

That and there's still no release date.

I was talking this over with someone I know that is also interested in Animal Crossing, and we came to some conclusions about the release date. Personally, we think it will be released in late 2011 (December, maybe) for 2 reasons. One, they released the E3 videos for the other releases (like Super Mario, Mario Kart, etc.) the same time they released the E3 for Animal Crossing. Why wouldn't they release Animal Crossing the same time as the other releases? Two, we think they would release the game around December, because that's when everyone is buying Christmas presents. Therefore, the sales would be more than if they released it in the months following Christmas.
This is pretty much just speculations, though, and it is possible for it to be released in 2012. No one can really know for sure until Nintendo announces the release date. We can only hope. :(
Just because they released a trailer at the same time as other games doesn't mean that all of those games are going to come out at the same time. They also released a trailer for Resident Evil: Revelations, but that's definitely not coming out this year.

Oh, and Nintendo just updated their official release list, and Animal Crossing is nowhere to be found for this year. So, yeah, it's not coming this year.

Luigi's Mansion 2 and Paper Mario 3D didn't have a release either.Maybe those 2 and AC3DS will have a release date in early 2012 together.

Last edited:
Luigi's Mansion 2 and Paper Mario 3D didn't have a release either.Maybe those 2 and AC3DS will have a release date in early 2012.
I think Luigi's Mansion was given a release date for 2012. Can't remember where I read it though

So that sounds plausible.

I dont know if its just me. But it seems like all the other AC games have come out around the holidays. So it might be awhile. :/

I dont know if its just me. But it seems like all the other AC games have come out around the holidays. So it might be awhile. :/
I understand your point, it doesn't seem very smart to release this game in January, like immediately after the holiday season. It does sound reasonable that Animal Crossing will be released November 2012.

I understand your point, it doesn't seem very smart to release this game in January, like immediately after the holiday season. It does sound reasonable that Animal Crossing will be released November 2012.
Exactly. I wouldnt be suprised if it did. :p

Back