• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Release Day Shipping

The dudes at Gamestop told me that Nintendo tends to do most if not all their releases on Sundays, so anyone who pre-orders online any game from Nintendo will most likely recieve it late. I know for one game, Star Wars The Old Republic, Amazon shipped early for that game before the due date, but that is not normal for any store that is online. So I tend to pre-order in stores so I can just go and pick them up. Unfortunately, this is one downside for online ordering if not doing direct download :(.

Yeah Sunday release dates seem like a pretty terrible idea to me too. |: Very inconvenient for those who like to order online.

Sunday release dates are very inconvenient. But if we have already waited so long a few more days won't hurt us :)
It'll just be a tad annoying when everyone is out with their games and we're still waiting on ours.

Sunday release dates are very inconvenient. But if we have already waited so long a few more days won't hurt us :)
It'll just be a tad annoying when everyone is out with their games and we're still waiting on ours.

yeah it sucks I think alot of it is that they wanted to capitalize on the digital copies idk now I have to wait even longer to get it because my order got cancelled because I am such a genius :rolleyes: and used the wrong email and phone number when I ordered it last night
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?67055-My-buying-animal-crossing-experience-A-story
see post here -_- lol so I probably will not get it till tuesday wendsday now smh

Yeah. I'm not really bothered waiting a few more days. xD And I just wont do animal crossing stuff online until I get it to help me relax.

yeah it sucks I think alot of it is that they wanted to capitalize on the digital copies idk now I have to wait even longer to get it because my order got cancelled because I am such a genius :rolleyes: and used the wrong email and phone number when I ordered it last night
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?67055-My-buying-animal-crossing-experience-A-story
see post here -_- lol so I probably will not get it till tuesday wendsday now smh
That is horrible!

But I can sort of feel your pain. For some reason I thought that New Leaf wasn't going to be released until Fall 2013 so I didn't find out about the actual release date until maybe... a few weeks ago? I don't have a 3DS right now, and I was unsure as to whether or not I wanted to buy the Bundle or a physical copy of the game and a 3DS.

Then two weeks ago I finally have the money and have made up my mind to buy the bundle. I pre-order it and buy something else online only to notice that my card isn't working. I call Visa and nothing is wrong with it, I call my bank and they tell me that my card is fine... but it won't let me make any purchases even though I have more than enough money. Then my bank just randomly closes my card without my consent T__T

I stupidly cancel my order and tell myself that I'll just go to the store on release date and buy a copy of it there. But then Gamestop stops taking pre-orders and so does Best Buy (they even run out of online copies.) When I see this I start to worry. Like... what happens if I go to the store and they have already sold out?

I was so upset that I literally cried... even though I am now technically an adult, but I really wanted this game and I'm a cry baby...

Finally, I pre-ordered from Walmart using my mom's card. I told her that I would pay her back, but she told me to just use that money for my university books, which was very nice of her ^__^

I'm happy that I ended up buying from Walmart though because they shipped the item early, but with two day shipping and there being no post on Sunday I will still have to wait until Monday/Tuesday for it.

Last edited:
I thought the same thing! Also, if the game and guide were supposed to come at the same time, why isn't the guide shipped yet? I thought that was pretty weird.

My bundle was shipped 17 hours ago, but my guide hasn't been shipped either.
Did you buy both things from the same place?

I bought my bundle from Walmart and my guide from Gamestop, so I think that maybe both stores have different shipping schedules?

That is horrible!

But I can sort of feel your pain. For some reason I thought that New Leaf wasn't going to be released until Fall 2013 so I didn't find out about the actual release date until maybe... a few weeks ago? I don't have a 3DS right now, and I was unsure as to whether or not I wanted to buy the Bundle or a physical copy of the game and a 3DS.

Then two weeks ago I finally have the money and have made up my mind to buy the bundle. I pre-order it and buy something else online only to notice that my card isn't working. I call Visa and nothing is wrong with it, I call my bank and they tell me that my card is fine... but it won't let me make any purchases even though I have more than enough money. Then my bank just randomly closes my card without my consent T__T

I stupidly cancel my order and tell myself that I'll just go to the store on release date and buy a copy of it there. But then Gamestop stops taking pre-orders and so does Best Buy (they even run out of online copies.) When I see this I start to worry. Like... what happens if I go to the store and they have already sold out?

I was so upset that I literally cried... even though I am now technically an adult, but I really wanted this game and I'm a cry baby...

Finally, I pre-ordered from Walmart using my mom's card. I told her that I would pay her back, but she told me to just use that money for my university books, which was very nice of her ^__^

I'm happy that I ended up buying from Walmart though because they shipped the item early, but with two day shipping and there being no post on Sunday I will still have to wait until Monday/Tuesday for it.

omg almost the same story with me lol we go through so much for this game

- - - Post Merge - - -

I thought the same thing! Also, if the game and guide were supposed to come at the same time, why isn't the guide shipped yet? I thought that was pretty weird.

hmm that is pretty weird maybe they are coming from 2 different store houses????

- - - Post Merge - - -

My bundle was shipped 17 hours ago, but my guide hasn't been shipped either.
Did you buy both things from the same place?

I bought my bundle from Walmart and my guide from Gamestop, so I think that maybe both stores have different shipping schedules?

i just bought my guide from amazon and it hasnt shipped yet either, it says it will be delivered by wendsday since i have 2 day shipping

Mine guide is going to be shipped today even though I got it from the same place as the game. Weird....but at least I'll be able to play on Tuesday and not Wednesday like they estimated.

I keep checking the tracking on my DS to see if it has moved, but it hasn't... Stupid Sundays! So frustrating to see that my 3DS is only 8 hours away from my house, but that I will have to wait 1-2 days for it.

Question for those that have ordered the guide from Gamestop:
has your guide shipped yet? Mine hasn't, and now I'm worried that it might be something with my debit card again. I have the funds, but for some reason the last time that I ordered from Gamestop my bank ended up closing my card without my permission.

I keep checking the tracking on my DS to see if it has moved, but it hasn't... Stupid Sundays! So frustrating to see that my 3DS is only 8 hours away from my house, but that I will have to wait 1-2 days for it.

Question for those that have ordered the guide from Gamestop:
has your guide shipped yet? Mine hasn't, and now I'm worried that it might be something with my debit card again. I have the funds, but for some reason the last time that I ordered from Gamestop my bank ended up closing my card without my permission.

i didnt order mine from gamestop but i did order it from amazon and it hasnt shipped yet from there for me...i am so worried about my bank card with gamestop right now, i hope they dont cancel it again, the funds are there but im not trusting gamestop right now and the bundle is all sold out

i didnt order mine from gamestop but i did order it from amazon and it hasnt shipped yet from there for me...i am so worried about my bank card with gamestop right now, i hope they dont cancel it again, the funds are there but im not trusting gamestop right now and the bundle is all sold out
I hope that they don't cancel it either!
Gamestop annoys me also. I usually buy from Gamestop by going to the actual store and paying in cash. The only times that I have ordered from them online using my credit card have been to pre-order games. Every single time I've had the funds and things have gone by smoothly. But then the other day I tried buying something from them (a digital download for a game) and they flagged my bank card, making it unusable :C I was without a card for several days when that happened, couldn't even buy food because all of money is in the bank. Hopefully this doesn't happen again because I need to stock up on groceries @_@;

I hope that they don't cancel it either!
Gamestop annoys me also. I usually buy from Gamestop by going to the actual store and paying in cash. The only times that I have ordered from them online using my credit card have been to pre-order games. Every single time I've had the funds and things have gone by smoothly. But then the other day I tried buying something from them (a digital download for a game) and they flagged my bank card, making it unusable :C I was without a card for several days when that happened, couldn't even buy food because all of money is in the bank. Hopefully this doesn't happen again because I need to stock up on groceries @_@;

yes i have learned my lesson, never ordering from gamestop online only in the store, but i had $100 in trade credit and i couldnt get the bundle in the store...otherwise i would have gotten it at walmart...walmart has always been good to me lol

Back