• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Sapphire?

spamurai

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
の
つ
ど
森
う
ぶ
I just started playing today and it's my second day.

The first thing I decided to do was find the Money Rock so I headed to the nearest rock and hit it with my shovel/spade and it smashed :O

It left a sapphire on the ground which I picked up.

I didn't know about this. Are they in previous games? Definitely not in the Gamecube version.
What are they for?

Edit:
The third rock I hit was the Money Rock.
I got 100, 200, 300, 500, 1000, 2000, 4000, & 8000 bells. Must be a lucky day or something...

Right now gems are useless, just sell them. Sapphire, Emeralds, Rubies, and Amethyst all sell for 2000 bells each.
Silver sells for 3000, and Gold sells for 4000.

Later on, when your blue alpaca wakes up, he will be able to design furniture based on the gems you bring him.

Afaik, they're just used to sell for money.

Or can you do what Josh @ BitBlocks did and start paying them out in the floor in a pattern ;)

Designing furniture later on, I heard from someone you can chance the color of your piggy bank with them, making money.
Tip for the money rock so you can get the 9th bag, dig 2 holes and stand in the spot between them then start hitting the rock. Holes keep you from moving back so you can get the 15k bag.

Right now gems are useless, just sell them. Sapphire, Emeralds, Rubies, and Amethyst all sell for 2000 bells each.
Silver sells for 3000, and Gold sells for 4000.

Later on, when your blue alpaca wakes up, he will be able to design furniture based on the gems you bring him.

Will the rock that smashed, reappear at some point? lol

A new rock appears randomly in your town the next day; it'll give you a random gem/ore.

- - - Post Merge - - -

There's always one "fake" rock in your town, until you break it. All the others are the normal rocks.

A new rock appears randomly in your town the next day; it'll give you a random gem/ore.

- - - Post Merge - - -

There's always one "fake" rock in your town, until you break it. All the others are the normal rocks.

Ohhh, cool :) thanks

Yeha from what I can gather, there is one fake rock which gives you some sort of Gem, and then theres the awesome money rock that appears every day. : D

Back