• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

saving problem.

Lurrdoc

✘✘✘
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Cake
okay so here is the story. i was in a waiting room waiting to be called to see my financial adviser at school. i could tell my number was going to be called soon so i saved & quit. however, without closing my 3ds or doing anything really, it got stuck on the saving screen for about 2-3m.

long enough for me to take a picture of it.

IMG958.jpg

my game wouldn't save until i turned off my wireless. the second i turned it off it saved and said i could close my 3ds etc.

has anyone else experienced something like this? do you know of any reason why this might happen?

i also had a bad dream where my data became corrupt and this kinda scared me.

i wanted to post this in case others have this problem in the future for awareness. so be careful. u_u

Last edited:
It took my game 5 minutes to save once. It was scary. Don't turn off your 3DS while it's saving. Ever.

I did the same and it saved. I turn off my 3DS ever now and then and it no longer takes long to save. I think it's because it needs some rest? Maybe you should make sure everything is up to date?

Yup, I've experienced the exact same thing. I once got really worried because it had been saving for around twenty minutes, but the moment we turned off wifi it saved. It happened once more, and again it saved the moment wifi got turned off.

So I think I can safely say it has nothing to do with your cartridge or the save file corruption.

Edit: having said that, I have no idea what the problem is, either.

Last edited:
It took my game 5 minutes to save once. It was scary. Don't turn off your 3DS while it's saving. Ever.

I did the same and it saved. I turn off my 3DS ever now and then and it no longer takes long to save. I think it's because it needs some rest? Maybe you should make sure everything is up to date?

Yeah, I never turn off my 3ds when it's saving, lol. I was worried, though, since I wasn't home nor would I be able to get home before the battery would've started to die before I could charge it.

StarryACNL said:
It always seems to take longer in a rush!
What had u been doing?

Tbh, I was pressing the b button a bit more than I should've to speed up the dialog 'cuz I was in a hurry, but all the same. Can pressing buttons during saving really prolong it?

Campy said:
Yup, I've experienced the exact same thing. I once got really worried because it had been saving for around twenty minutes, but the moment we turned off wifi it saved. It happened once more, and again it saved the moment wifi got turned off.

So I think I can safely say it has nothing to do with your cartridge or the save file corruption.

Edit: having said that, I have no idea what the problem is, either.

Ah, well, at least that seems to work. Thanks for the input. :)

Back