• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Setting another date

I would never do that! I like it when other towns have it though, haha.

As tempting as it is to jump back to Christmas, I'll take the long way around. :p I'd only set my town at a different time if it was a temporary town before making my permanent one. Still, I wouldn't want to risk getting a my perfect map, fruit, etc. and having to reset it or time travel to the current time. I want to wait and experience the seasons/events when the real time comes, anyway. :)

Last edited:
I'd set the date to the actual date, but I might do what I did with CF and set it back a few hours. Nothing too drastic, just maybe 3 or 4 hours. Because usually I am busy during the day with stuff and I can't play til the evening when everything starts to close up. But since it's coming out over the summer when school will already be out I might not do that... unless I get a job.

That's actually a really cool idea! I time travel (one day at a time) so I'm never on the right day anyways, but even so I probably won't start back in winter. I like starting on the real date and then slowly going into to future, and when it gets to autumn I can be like "Ooh, now I'm getting excited for autumn in real life!"

In the new Animal Crossing, the date you start your town is logged onto your player card.

Just thought I'd say this, maybe people will change the date for this

While I mostly stick to the real date & time, I did a fair share of time travelling just for specific purposes or whenever I get too bored and want to change the pace a bit. And that's without dedicating too much on that trick. With that point of view, you'd be baffled to never time travel at all when you know too well on how to properly do it.

Like most (if not almost all) video games, people usually drop after a few months or years they got the game, therefore never seeing a significant part of what the game had to offer.

As I'm going to have 2 games (buying the bundle as well as already having a card on order for my current 3ds) my plan is to set one of them to 6 months ago. Then I have the best of both worlds! :)

I don't intend on time travelling or setting my starting date differently as I have always enjoyed the pace of the Animal Crossing games and I think there is something special about being able to count down the days untill your faveourite in-game holiday.

Back