Share your way of storing info & keeping track of New Horizons! (Journals, Apps, etc.)

Brookie

💎 We don't talk about Bruno-no-no-no 💎
Bells
Carnival Coins
Switch
1118-4461-2529
White Pansy
White Cosmos
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Purple Violet
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Purple Violet
White Lily
ど
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Hi Bell Tree crew!

I'm sure a lot of you here have various individual ways of tangibly writing stuff for your ACNH island.
I'm talking about things like...
~ Bullet Journals
~ Notebooks
~ AC specific apps
~ Online Journal/Notebook
~ Other Apps
SHARE THEM!

I have a really intricate set up of my notes, online guide info, and such on an amazing app/tool called Notion.
Feel free to browse using a public view link HERE.

I'll also include pics of how I use it!

Screen Shot 2021-10-17 at 12.30.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-17 at 12.31.11 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-17 at 12.32.00 AM.png

normally i just use the same background and edit it in paint and put all the images inside a folder
img10.jpg
that is where a keep track of my information about my island
on the right is the background i edit to store all my island information

I tried a wide variety of different things - a bullet journal, a homemade spreadsheet, VillagerDB... but I was never happy with any of them for various reasons.

I now use the ACNH Pocket Guide app and I like it a LOT. It has pretty much everything I'd possibly want, and the one thing it didn't have I asked the developer about and he put it in! I was surprised how responsive he was. It's also free and doesn't have ads. It doesn't have any space in it for journaling, but I realized I don't have much interest in doing that when I tried doing the bullet journal. I'm mostly interested in tracking my catalog, finding out how to get different things, and just other informational stuff like that.

OMG. I saw the title and thought "NOTION" immediately. Your setup is SO nice, I love it!!!!

I use Notion for everything -- law school application tracking, work projects, personal agenda, finances, food diary, etc. I have had this blank little link to an "Animal Crossing" page for a while and I haven't finished it yet, mostly because I've been pretty absent from the game for quite a while now. BUT with the new update I am returning to it. So I am going to finally fill it out. I'll post a picture/live preview of my own when I finally do!!

I did end up finishing my Notion page!!! Over the weekend I was actually in the process of creating a new island haha. So some of the features on mine are just demos/tests without actual usage yet, namely the stalk market spreadsheet embedded in the home page and the MeteoNook forecast (I haven't figured out my seed yet and probably won't for some time).

But, anyway -- here it is! A live preview.

Here's a screenshot of the home page:

Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 9.00.28 AM.png

I find that it helps so much to keep track of things here! Especially with things that might determine what I should do for that day like weather and stalk market prices. I update the map as I progress of course. The 'finances' page is a bit excessive but when I have HUGE projects underway I find it useful to keep track of so that I don't run out of funds unexpectedly!

i'm not the journaling type -- especially not about my AC town -- so i don't need one of those. i just use the ACNH.Guide app to keep track of my catalogue and tick off my daily routine. it can be a bit slow to update for seasonal items, but i don't really care. i tried switching apps once, but the catalogue feature on the new one was too counterintuitive to me, and the daily routine section was too bulky. only other thing i use is villagerDB for wish lists.

I tried a wide variety of different things - a bullet journal, a homemade spreadsheet, VillagerDB... but I was never happy with any of them for various reasons.

I now use the ACNH Pocket Guide app and I like it a LOT. It has pretty much everything I'd possibly want, and the one thing it didn't have I asked the developer about and he put it in! I was surprised how responsive he was. It's also free and doesn't have ads. It doesn't have any space in it for journaling, but I realized I don't have much interest in doing that when I tried doing the bullet journal. I'm mostly interested in tracking my catalog, finding out how to get different things, and just other informational stuff like that.

Is that just for Android or is there an iOS version?

I use Travel Guide for iOS (icon is a palm tree) and I like it because it links to some outside sites like Meteonook. The others don't seem to do that in-app but I've also tried ACNH.Guide (icon is a book) and the cataloging is nicer in that I think.

@satine
I love this set up! Yours is a lot more visually appealing than mine is, haha. I kinda wanna jump off that template design....mind sharing the template with me?

I only use the ACNH.Guide app, mainly to keep track of my DIYs and to visit "random" Dream Islands since I can see which villagers are on them first

@satine
I love this set up! Yours is a lot more visually appealing than mine is, haha. I kinda wanna jump off that template design....mind sharing the template with me?

Ahh thank you!!! I love your table of contents more than mine haha, I never know what to put there. Also, I absolutely don't mind at all!! :) Feel free to use any part of it you'd like!! I think I made it to where viewers are allowed to 'duplicate' the page onto their own, so I don't mind at all if you do that. I'm not sure how else to create/send a template unless that's what you meant!!!