• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Should I play as Mayor or as a normal resident?

CHR:)S

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
Apparently playing as mayor like.. decreases the amount of money you receive from selling fruits and whatnot.. Is there any other complications of being mayor..? And why would they implement that?

I'm considering having my mayor as my mule, and just playing as a normal resident now.

^ You cant choose I think they mean just leave the mayor character and create a new normal resident

I'm going to assume you can't build community projects unless you're the mayor, sooo

Why the hell wouldn't you wanna be the mayor? All the main features only the mayor can do. And it's a big selling point of the game.

Why the hell wouldn't you wanna be the mayor? All the main features only the mayor can do. And it's a big selling point of the game.

Take a chill pill O_O or twenty.

Anyways, I like the idea of just being a normal resident. And like I said, why does things sold by the mayor result in less bells?

Apparently playing as mayor like.. decreases the amount of money you receive from selling fruits and whatnot..

I haven't seen or heard any mention of this, and I follow updates about this game almost religiously. That would be ridiculous; think about it: the mayor is the one who would need the most money, not the other residents. Trust me, that is not true. I couldn't imagine where you heard such a fallacious thing.

I haven't seen or heard any mention of this, and I follow updates about this game almost religiously. That would be ridiculous; think about it: the mayor is the one who would need the most money, not the other residents. Trust me, that is not true. I couldn't imagine where you heard such a fallacious thing.
Animal Crossing Community :)

Animal Crossing Community :)

A direct link to the page you found it on would be helpful. I'm not sifting through the forums there; that's a headache waiting to happen. But I'd bet that it was someone that had heard false information. As mayor, I know for a fact that native fruit sells for 100 bells, the same in all of the previous games. Foreign fruit sells for 500, which is also the same. There is absolutely no evidence to support that theory.

Last edited:
I am on those boards and dont recall seeing anything like that said. But i do know you dont make less money as mayor.

Does anyone know how much the oishii fruit sells for? (since we're on that topic)

There isn't any "oishii" fruit in the game, whatever that is. Native fruit sells for 100, foreign fruit sells for 500 and island fruit sells for 200, I believe.

There isn't any "oishii" fruit in the game, whatever that is. Native fruit sells for 100, foreign fruit sells for 500 and island fruit sells for 200, I believe.

Oishii fruit is delicious fruit.
It's the special fruit that grows on your native trees. I don't know how much it sells for though.

Price is in above post. ^

Oishii fruit is delicious fruit.
It's the special fruit that grows on your native trees. I don't know how much it sells for though.

Price is in above post. ^

Huh. Never heard the term "oishii" before. I even tried translating it to Japanese and it didn't translate.

Selling at someone town that has the rich law get even higher payout...Wonder if truips sell better in ? rich.

Turnip prices do not differ in rich towns.

Back