• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Should I play as Mayor or as a normal resident?

Huh. Never heard the term "oishii" before. I even tried translating it to Japanese and it didn't translate.

oishii おいしい means delicious (it's actually one of the first adjectives you learn when you study the language)

and back to topic: why would anybody choose not to be mayor in this game?
that would be like saying "oh I'm starting a new pokemon game... but I don't really wanna be a pokemon trainer, I'd rather be a normal citizen"

When I found out the main character is to be mayor I was ecstatic! I love customising things in my own way. I don't know why people don't want to be mayor... I think it's awesome that we can customize everything in our town however we want. It's exciting!
I've already started planning.

oishii おいしい means delicious (it's actually one of the first adjectives you learn when you study the language)

and back to topic: why would anybody choose not to be mayor in this game?
that would be like saying "oh I'm starting a new pokemon game... but I don't really wanna be a pokemon trainer, I'd rather be a normal citizen"

exactly.

I don't understand why so many people have a problem with being the mayor. You get to do more stuff as the mayor along with all the stuff you could have done in other games. Also, already mentioned but I'll repeat, you don't earn less money by being the mayor. That's false information. If you don't want to be the mayor, then why bother getting this game?

It's just a budgetary problem right? The mayor character spends their own money on community projects. I don't recall if villagers or other player characters can give money to the project, but the mayor does seem to contribute the most.

However, money is easy to come by I've heard. What one can do is just do minimal projects: The cafe, second museum floor, police box, and similar.

It's just a budgetary problem right? The mayor character spends their own money on community projects. I don't recall if villagers or other player characters can give money to the project, but the mayor does seem to contribute the most.

However, money is easy to come by I've heard. What one can do is just do minimal projects: The cafe, second museum floor, police box, and similar.

Other players and even villagers can donate money to community projects; it is not the just the mayor.

Anybody can give to community projects, not just the mayor. This includes other human residents, visitors from other towns, and even animal residents (although they do not give a lot). However, having said all that, only the mayor can start a new project, which includes building the dream mansion and the second floor of the museum. If you only play as a human resident, you probably (and I may be wrong, but someone else can correct) will not get notified when these new projects come available.

Anybody can give to community projects, not just the mayor. This includes other human residents, visitors from other towns, and even animal residents (although they do not give a lot). However, having said all that, only the mayor can start a new project, which includes building the dream mansion and the second floor of the museum. If you only play as a human resident, you probably (and I may be wrong, but someone else can correct) will not get notified when these new projects come available.

You will not be notified of new projects or be asked by villagers to build projects.

Look at it this way, if youre not mayor, you're never going to get the museum shop, dream mansion, cafe, police station and all those

http://www.animalcrossingcommunity.com/Topic/5701057/1/What_town_statistic_will_you_choose_
"

Gearhead31

Name
Dean

ACCF Town
SeaRidge

Last Active
12/29 8:32pm
Posted: 12/8 8:30pm

Due to the fact that selling fruit as a mayor gets you less bells, Beautiful is best"

And a big FYI.. I never said I was going to ignore mayoral duties. Of course I am going to use him to start community projects and whatnot, but the character I play on most may or may not be a different resident.

I am on those boards and dont recall seeing anything like that said. But i do know you dont make less money as mayor.

And ironically, this was said right after one of your posts..

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive been a member of ACC for a lot longer than I have here but yeah, dont trust gearhead. basically dont trust anyone who says "it rumors that" or something like that.

Last edited:
Of course I'll play as the mayor... it'll be very different from other games. Then again, I will have Desu, my other characters, in the game who I will play alongside my main character.

http://www.animalcrossingcommunity.com/Topic/5701057/1/What_town_statistic_will_you_choose_
"

Gearhead31

Name
Dean

ACCF Town
SeaRidge

Last Active
12/29 8:32pm
Posted: 12/8 8:30pm

Due to the fact that selling fruit as a mayor gets you less bells, Beautiful is best"

And a big FYI.. I never said I was going to ignore mayoral duties. Of course I am going to use him to start community projects and whatnot, but the character I play on most may or may not be a different resident.

And ironically, this was said right after one of your posts..

Yeah, he is obviously lying. Probably has no idea how to read Japanese either. That is what I don't get, why do people trust the rumors started by people that most likely can't even read the in-game text? It boggles my mind. All characters will be able to sell their things for the same price within a given town...that much has been known since day one. No need for stupid rumors anymore. Especially considering that basically any question that you may have has already been answered by a Japanese wiki writer, there are very very few if any mysteries that remain of this game.

Meh, sometimes people are legitimately convinced. No a lot of people actually go out of their way to propagate false rumours unless they're really hardcore trolls. Even then, when people are adamant even when they're being argued with, it's usually because they're really passionate about what they've been fooled into believing. It happens to everyone -shrug-

Back