• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Should I stick with my villagers or hunt for villagers?

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Hi! So I'm just about to boot up OakLeaf for the second time and I was wondering, is it really worth it to hunt for dreamies? For whatever reason I feel like just letting this town show me what it has to offer and I really do have a great set of 5 starting villagers but I don't know if I want to start hunting for dreamies or not. What would you do?

Thanks for reading :)

Oh and I'm probably going to get a jock villager today! Any guesses as to who it will be. I hope Rudy, or Jitters but anyone will be OK!

Answer from me & probably any player who plays without 'dreamies'? "No, just enjoy the villager's cycle!"
Answer from any player who have 'dreamies'? "Yes, go for those 'dreamies'!"

It depends on what kind of player you want to be. How do you want to play your game? Nobody can tell you what to do in your own game. C:

Last edited:
Yeah I agree with Neu, no-one can truly tell you how to play.. I like seeing what the game can throw at me, but I can't help but have favourites and always being on the lookout for them, hehe

I would suggest just letting all nine of your villager slots fill up first to see what you get. You could end up getting villagers you're really happy with, or just ones that are popular and thus worth more to people trying to get "dream villagers." But I'm somebody who doesn't really make a list of my favorite villagers and try to obtain them all. I have some villagers I like more than others, for sure, but I just take things day by day and if I end up getting a good villager in my campsite, I take them, or if one of my lesser favored villagers says they want to move out, I let them. I'll accept somebody's ex-villager if somebody is giving away one that I want, but I've only done that once so far. The rest are ones I randomly ended up with either by them moving in or them showing up in my campsite and me asking them to move in.

If you do decide to chase your um, Dreamies- start this Asap! TT will make Hybrid & Perfect Town management difficult. Good luck, Gamer! =)

It's your choice, it depends how you want to play. I personally have decided to just see what happens. Ultimately, if everyone keeps asking what they should do regarding villagers everyone is going to end up with the ten most popular ones in their town.

Usually I would hunt for new villagers if the ones i Have are ugly.But its not all about looks.Some of the villagers you hate are nice.Like,for example I have this pig,I forgot her name.Whenever I get a bee sting,she gives me medicine.So shes a keeper - 3 -

I'm just getting people I like from the campsite, and taking who decides to move into my town when I have an empty slot - I don't like the thought of limiting myself to 10 villagers forever, so I'd just take each villager as they come, and get rid of whoever I don't like, but that's just me. Play however you want to :)

I mostly let the game decide who moves in. I got four of my favorites that way: Merengue was a starter, Skye, Kyle who moved on me, and Blanche. I didn't want ANY of them prior to them moving in! I did have one dreamie: Kiki who I got thanks to a super nice person here on TBT. I picked up Cheri and Big Top, both of whom I love from giveaways here as well.

My answer would be if you want to pick a couple "dreamies" then have at it! But I would definitely advise you to wait for the most part and see what the game throws at you, you could be surprised! I definitely was, I never expected to love Skye or Blanche or Merengue as much as I do, and without the game giving them to me I may have never discovered them.

Back