• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Snip

I like new leaf, with such a small console you shouldn't be expecting as much as the wii or previous consoles had. The 3d, portability and the island club tortimer and the ability to visit and invite people into your game are enough for most people. You've made me feel like buying the previous ds animal crossing now if its better than new leaf.

A lot of things change. I am sad some stuff have been removed but I can live without them.

I personally think new leaf is by far the best in the series. You can be the mayor, place all these amazing PWPs to really develop your town, the graphics are better, there's more customisation, more personalities.... They've made a lot of improvements in this game, but obviously it's not perfect - maybe you expected too much.

Edit - Btw I love your username and avatar :D

Last edited:
About not being able to create multiple towns on one cartridge - Nintendo is quite known for doing this (Pok?mon anyone?). I guess they just want to make more money and as long as there are people willing to buy multiple copies of the same game, why wouldn't they keep this feature?

About not being able to create multiple towns on one cartridge - Nintendo is quite known for doing this (Pok?mon anyone?). I guess they just want to make more money and as long as there are people willing to buy multiple copies of the same game, why wouldn't they keep this feature?

Yeh, and although it's kinda mean of them I can understand it for AC - it's such a huge game and there's so much to do just for one town - looking after one town is usually enough for most people!

The idea of the AC games is to start a new 'life'.
(Or to turn over a new leaf)
If you could be able to pass on bells and items to other games, it wouldn't really be starting fresh.

I understand your point about how this could cause hacking because players wont want to earn all that money back again. However, if a player was to play by themselves or with a small number of people, they would not have any need at all to start hacking for money.

For example, paying off a house is just above seven million bells. Since that's usually considered the 'end' of the game, it's going to be a high number that'll take a long time to completely pay off. If you just upgrade whenever you feel you need space, instead of trying to pay it all off at once, the amount of money needed wont seem so high.

What I think causes hacking is when players start to enter forums where other players are bidding insanely high amounts of bells for items and other things, like villagers. Since you'd probably go insane by the time you've saved up a big budget of 10 million bells for a decently popular villager, players will of course resort to hacking and duplicating.

Since Nintendo has no control over what happens when players visit each other, they can't stop people from trading like this. (Unless they patched the cheat that allows you to duplicate items, which might not even be possible)

Don't play new leaf then? You're complaining to us yet we cannot make these changes?

Well if you got far in your previous games, you should play them too. New Leaf isn't meant to be a continuation and it really isn't that hard to make progress in the game tbqh.
I think they gave us a lot of amazing stuff with nl like pwps and making your town look almost exactly how you would want it, and so many little things are there which make it very much connected to the previous games. I didn't expect it to be perfect tbh, but it's pretty great.

Yeah, why don't you stop focussing on the negatives and instead focus on the new, great features that new leaf has? Look on the bright side!

I think your expectations are too high and unrealistic. Just because people ask for something doesn't mean they have to include it in the game.

You probably know this, but if you don't want to be Mayor, just make a second character and use that as your main. Voila, you're a villager. c:

I think not being able to create multiple towns on one cartridge is good. It stops people from being greedy and TT'ing to get sets on one village unless they're willing to buy another cartridge which makes them money. I love ACNL and it's my favorite in the series.

I've played all 4 NA releases and while at the beginning of each game I would miss my belongings from the previous installment (although you could move from WW into CF, but I decided not to). But I like starting fresh, to be honest. It lets you go in a totally different direction, almost like getting to see what your life would be like in a parallel universe.

In each game I've been a different "person" with different ideas about how I want my house and character to be. If it was just living the same life and character endlessly, well I sure wouldn't still be playing after 7 years.

personally I think NL is an amazing leap forward, all the things you can do as mayor mean that every town I see is different and interesting. I think it's lightyears better than WW, which to be honest is my least favorite entry in the series. It's the only one I actually abandoned.

I just don't think that I'll ever have the same love for the game as I did previously. Too much has changed, and too much hasn't.

I never thought I'd see the day where someone would complain about an Animal Crossing game changing too much.

As far as I'm aware there isn't a single 3DS game that has voice chat. Even Kid Icarus: Uprising, which has a multiplayer mode that really requires teamwork, doesn't have it. The only real negatives to NL that I can currently think of are the limitations of project placement. It needs to be made more obvious where you can and cannot place things.

Back