• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Snip

However, you cannot speak through the microphone and talk with any visitors you may have over, unlike the previous instalment which used an additional device that you could speak through. You obviously cannot plug anything into the console that would allow you to type with a keyboard, unlike the previous instalment.
There's already so much in this game. You also have to remember that City Folk was on a big home console and that you needed a special, separate device to even communicate with people. A device that was only compatible with 12 games. Sure, it was sold with City Folk/LGttC, but I highly doubt the Wii Speak device sold enough or had a good enough reception for them to bother with continuing that type of technology. Which would explain why it's not in this game. As for plugging something into the 3DS to type... lord can you imagine how much more expensive the game would have been if they were forced to supply us with something like that? And if it wasn't included, many people probably wouldn't go out and buy something that would likely cost as much as a game to use rarely.

Well, one of the most anticipated features is the ability to either create multiple towns and be able to change your player name, town name, and face. I'm not saying that everyone wants these features, but I've seen a lot of people requesting it, including myself.
I think you should be using the word 'desired' instead of 'anticipated' because 'anticipated' implies the features of which you speak are actually going to be in the game. They're not. The whole point of Animal Crossing is that you have the ONE town that is YOUR town. It's a life simulator. You move into the one town, and your have a life in that one town.

I can see changing your character's name being an option, but not the other things. Town names are not so easily changed in the real world. So it makes sense that you can't change your town name once you choose it. Changing your player's face implies plastic surgery, so unless we get a plastic surgeon NPC that probably won't be happening any time soon either.

I've seen more people requesting the ability to date the villagers (very few people) than I have seen people request things like this (next to none).

I personally believe that you should've been able to transfer data from the previous instalment. I had a lot of money and items that I'll never be able to earn in the new instalment. By the time I do earn it back, I wouldn't be surprised if another instalment had been released! I think that this was what motivated hackers, and motivated innocent players to participate in the process of hacking to achieve what they want within the game.
There was too much changed between City Folk/LGttC and New Leaf for file transfer to be possible. Game programming does not work in such a way that you wave your hands and things from one game appear in another. Each individual item has a new, different quality model from the last game. All of the clothes have changed, and I'm sure everything else had many different tweaks and twerks between this installment of the game and the last. Sometimes things just are not compatible between systems. This is why when Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire came out, they couldn't trade between the Game Boy Advanced Titles.

I'm going to be brutally honest. I truly believe that I shall never have the same feeling of pleasure that I did when playing the previous instalment. Maybe it was just because it wasn't on a handheld console, but everything seemed so peaceful, and relaxing. I wasn't really sure about the concept of becoming a mayor within the game either. I think it should've been more of an optional choice so you could still experience being a general villager. It would've been nice if you could earn it as a villager. However, it might actually be a bit awkward for the player to have to overthrow the current mayor, which I'm guessing would be Tortimer. I just don't think that I'll ever have the same love for the game as I did previously. Too much has changed, and too much hasn't.
That's nice. Just play the old games then. Nintendo isn't forcing you to buy every game in the series. :) I didn't buy City Folk/LGttC because I didn't think I'd like it. I thought I'd like New Leaf, and I do. So I bought it.

Back