• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

So

UltraByte

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I'm on vacation right now, as people may or may not know...

We pulled into a Subway today to get some lunch. A few bites into our food, an earthquake hit. The cars in the parking lot were moving and stuff... one guy's car was jumping all over the place. It was kind of shocking... it started as a bump, then it turned into a jolt and stuff.

When we got to our hotel (which does have free internet, but I'm on a *CEN-3.0-SORD*ing vacation here!), we found out it was a 5.4 on the Richter scale, and it was felt from San Diego to Las Vegas.

I think the quake is on the front page of Yahoo, it's all over the news down here. D:

So yes, I'm safe.

:D

There was one here a couple years ago.... It's was a 4.8 one I believe.

Glad you're safe. :)

I've always wanted to be in an earthquake for some reason. I've never been in any natural disasters, other than a few really bad floods/thunderstorms from hurricanes.

There's no volcanos in PA, we're nowhere near a fault line, most areas I live in are too hilly for a tornado, I don't think I've ever seen a severe wildfire anywhere near where I live, and I'm too far away from the coast for hurricanes. And rarely do we see a snow storm that can be considered a blizzard. That leaves floods and thunderstorms.

But I'm glad to hear you're ok.

There was one here a year, it was really early, like 4 am.But I felt it, it was awesome.

Never been near an earthquake before either, we don't really get any natural disasters around here.

An earthquake hitting while you're on vacation is pretty unlucky =P

only_half_evil333 said:
There was one here a year, it was really early, like 4 am.But I felt it, it was awesome.
Same where I live, only it was a few months ago.

Yeah I have heard of this earthquake which hit in Los Angeles yesterday and I have heard that it was a 5.8 magnitude earthquake which is pretty significant but not really enough to cause damage. I have some friends who just recently left to Disneyland I think yesterday I hope they're ok down there. In the area where I live I have felt numerous earthquakes like the Nisquality earthquake in Washington I did feel that, but it wasn't anything like what it was felt there. And when I was watching the news they said California is one of the most earthquake prone areas but that is not technically true Tokyo, Japan is also a VERY earthquake prone area. I am glad you were alright down there! :gyroidsmile:

Back