• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Some sharks harder to catch?

monochrome

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I've caught maybe 2 sharks total since I started playing and I noticed sometimes when try to catch a shark and the bobber goes down they take the bait away SO FAST even though my reactoon on the button is really quick usually...anyone else run into this?

They do seem pretty hard to catch. I caught two Saw Sharks yesterday, and one Shark earlier tonight. I missed 2/3 fins tonight because they would bite and let go too fast.

Yeah they're hard to catch but they're WAY more common than they were in previous games.

I've caught maybe 2 sharks total since I started playing and I noticed sometimes when try to catch a shark and the bobber goes down they take the bait away SO FAST even though my reactoon on the button is really quick usually...anyone else run into this?

I haven't had that many problems catching them. However, I have definitely had that happen a couple of times. Its usually when I cast the bobber RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEIR FACE they will pop it down immediately before I could even realize what happened.

I've caught loads, that's how I'm affording things right now. My problem is trying to get the bobber in front of its face for the chance to be caught. So frustrating.
Most of my sharks seem to bite on the third approach, but that has caught me out when they end up taking longer and I've pressed anyway and lost them!

If you listen for the final bite down splash noise instead of watching for it, it seems easier to catch them. Just keep in mind that sometimes sharks bite down the very first time instead of nibbling a few times first. I rarely lose them now thanks to that strategy. But as an FYI - whale sharks and saw sharks seem the hardest to catch. "Regular" sharks and hammerheads are a bit easier.

Also, if you want to get sharks, 7pm-9pm seems to be the peak time for sharks to appear. They can appear outside of that range, but it's much more rare.

But as an FYI - whale sharks and saw sharks seem the hardest to catch. "Regular" sharks and hammerheads are a bit easier.
The saw sharks and the whale sharks are the only ones I can catch. I still have yet to catch any other sharks. So for me this would be the opposite.

I'd say I'm the worst at catching them. I have scared away about 17 fins since I for the game and caught 3. I get so frustrated when I scare one because they are a way too fast.

I can beat that Joey I'm afraid. I've caught 4 in 22 attempts. Apart from the sharks I usually do pretty well at catching. Personally I always listen instead of look when it comes to fishing. It just seems to be more fruitful for me that way. I am impressed at the different varietys of sharks. I have a Hammerhead on display in my front atm. Ahh New Leaf, one hell of a game.

I've caught more sharks than I can remember now. On occasions I might have a good run and catch every shark I see, other times I will get something horrible like 1 in 5 casts. Gradually you will get better, not to sure about different fish behaviours though. Seems to me like its all just random.

I can say that Sharks are definitely harder to catch than normal fish - though I'm not sure if that's the game, or if it's just my heart skipping a beat every time I see that fin poking out the water :\

I can say that Sharks are definitely harder to catch than normal fish - though I'm not sure if that's the game, or if it's just my heart skipping a beat every time I see that fin poking out the water :\

THIS!!! I never usually miss a fish unless it lets go, but with sharks I get trigger happy sometimes and press A far too quickly. It's "the fear" haha

THIS!!! I never usually miss a fish unless it lets go, but with sharks I get trigger happy sometimes and press A far too quickly. It's "the fear" haha

I think that is the issue for the people with no luck catching sharks. You're thinking too much into it. Just RELAX because those nerves will ruin your catch! Be calm and hover your finger close to the button, and tell yourself if you don't catch it, there will be another one! Relax, and hopefully you can snag it. Mind you, if you are thinking of how WW was, this game it is way easier to catch sharks and waaaaaaaaaaaay more often the opportunity presents itself. Remember the elusive Cealocanth? First fish I caught on a rainy day. It took me a year in WW to catch 1 of those puppies!

Back