• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Something I enjoy (first impressions thread)

One thing that I really like is whenever you leave a building, whoever's inside waves "good-bye" to you. Always found it a bit awkward in other games when you walk in and just walk out, sometimes without even being noticed :p I really like the attention to detail and all the small things that make it seem like more of a living, breathing world. So far, so good 8D

You want a list? ;P

-I love how the animals can walk into shops and buy things

-I love how they actually say different when you talk to them, thus fixing a major issue I had with City Folk.

-I like how you can wear pants, socks, and shoes

-I like how you have a choice between town layouts

-And of course, I love how you are the mayor of the town. =)

Footprints in the dirt!
Villagers bow when you leave their house
Choosing your map and where you live
ISABELLE! omfg adorable or what?!

Isabelle is the most adorable thing ever.

I also like how you can type while you walk.
I like how native fruit only takes a day to grow.

I love how the flowers sparkle after you've watered them. And how often villagers seem to place down new flowers. I rearranged my town's flowers this morning so each villager had a little garden, and already one of the houses has two new flowers next to it. I also really really love the taller player model, and the ability to walk around barefoot.

There is a LOT for me to take in with this one but all I can say right now is that I like the BGM/soundtrack a lot more than the last two games and it's easily the prettiest game in the series so far.

I love the fact that villagers notice and comment on changes in your outfit and stuff! ^_^ They seem like they're really living little lives in this town of mine! =D

Being able to fish in the ocean while facing to the left or right instead of facing down... I love this sooooo much! I would never fish in CF or WW because you had to swing the rod to even see if there were fish down there or not.

-I like that if you play an instrument in an animal's house they'll clap for you sometimes. It's just so adorable > w <!
-Animals wave when you leave their house
-Animals can shake trees
-You can see the animals in the shops and the museum. In past games, Tom Nook would always say "This person is a regular here" in the beginning when you worked for him, but you would never see them! It made me wonder when they went into the store.

-I like that if you play an instrument in an animal's house they'll clap for you sometimes. It's just so adorable > w <!

I was just in Monique's house and was screwing around on her piano and she just started clapping. I was like, wha hu... OH, she's clapping for me! That's... that's friggin' cute.
All these nice little details are amazing.

I'm so happy that the text tells you if that was your first catch. I hated going to Blathers and I already donated something.

I also like how easy it is to catch bees in this game. And how easy it is to get money. Already halfway through my third loan!

Also, I already caught a tarantula! This game is awesome. And I saw Whitney plant some flowers! (Right next to some flowers that were the EXACT SAME color and type, but that's not the point...)

I love how characters wave when you walk out of their houses.
And how much personality Isabelle has! She started rambling about camping and marshmallows and stuff at one time, then at another time, said that I should talk to Drake because he's sweet and his heart will be an oasis for me.
..... Weird.

I also love how if you play instruments while visiting villagers, they'll applaud you. Too cute.

Oh, and seeing villagers actually use their tools. I walked past Bunnie and she watered some flowers, then waved to me as I passed. : D

Speaking of small details, I noticed the reflection of the cliff in the water while combing the beach. I also like how streamlined the menus are now.

I love how if you see a house exterior in someone else's town, you can request Tom Nook to notify your Tom Nook to have it up for sale when you return. <3

-I caught a sea bass. "See? A bass!" I caught more sea bass. "What? You again!?"
-I was actually able to buy a net from Isabelle and get a free watering can.
-Fish reappear as you're fishing so you don't really have to wander around too much.
-A villager bowed as I left their house. SO CUTE.
-Reese is so cute towards Cyrus I tried to talk to him while he was sleeping and she went all "NOOOO leave my darling alone he needs rest" and oh god it was adorable.
-The mantis reared up at me. It scared the crap out of me and I missed it.

I love how Reese won't yell at you during wifi if you try to wake up Cyrus. She doesn't want to make a scene.

Back