• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Something I Found Interesting..

Corduroy

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Winter Mittens
So, once or twice a day I go the island to gather fruit and flowers to plant in my town. To do this, I go on the Easy Scavenger tour (the one where you go in the houses to find certain furniture) and instead of actually doing the tour, I collect whatever items I need.

Often, while I scavenge for flowers, I see the Birdwing Butterfly making it's appearance 2 or 3 times over the course of the tour's 6 minutes. So, the last 2 times I went on the tour, I rented a net from Lloid in case I saw a Birdwing. The first tour, I caught 3 Birdwings in the first 3 minutes of the tour, and it would've been 4 Birdwings if I hadn't been so slow chasing after it XD. But on the 2nd tour, I didn't see a single one.. I saw plenty of other butterflies, but no Birdwings. (mind you, I was focusing on flowers and fruit.. not the butterfly. It might've flown by and I didn't notice it because my mind was elsewhere.) I then took them home and made 4,000 bells each c:

So, I don't know if this means that the tours raise the chance of finding a Birdwing or not. Birdwing Butterflies, I believe, are considered a rare insect on AC:NL, so finding so many in such a short time period seems highly unlikely, sooo..

What do you think?

I think... I think, you almost came away w/ 4x Birdwings! Mhuahahahaha!

Okay, sorry about that. IMO, the island has a host of rare insects & it's just a great place to score some Bells & donations. You had a great night, Corduroy! :)

I think... I think, you almost came away w/ 4x Birdwings! Mhuahahahaha!

Okay, sorry about that. IMO, the island has a host of rare insects & it's just a great place to score some Bells & donations. You had a great night, Corduroy! :)

Haha XD

That's what I was thinking too.. c:

I've noiced this as well. I have almost caught all the June bugs/fish, but I noticed there are a few more to be caught from tours, (sweetfish for example) so I've started taking the net and rod with me and I normally come out of a tour like that with 3-4 rare butterflies, or a big fish. I tend to mostly get Agrias and Banded dragonflies though.

Gardening tours I find are best, they give you way too much time so you can wander about for 2 minutes before putting down the last flower and still get Golds. (y)

The vast majority of Birdwings I catch are from the island. I caught 2 Birdwings on the same island trip during the Bug-Off, sans tour. The island really is beautifully exploitable.

Back