• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Something Interesting happened to me today in AC:NL

Meltd0wn

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Winter Mittens
Ive been playing since launch day, and I just got the slingshot in my town store yesterday, and do to taking care of my flowers and spending a lot of time at the Island I didn't see any balloons fly over my town till today, and it was the 2 silver balloons carrying the Silver Slingshot package.

So apparently I had knocked so many balloons out of the air with my net, that by the time the game finally gave me a slingshot I had already earned the upgrade. LOL

I just found this interesting and had to share.

That's good news- I've been using my net this whole time, and my Nook's upgrades tomorrow. I hope the same thing happens for me!

I got the silver slingshot a couple days ago, before the shop had a slingshot. And to top it off, the balloon after the silver was a gold slingshot. :) So I got gold before the store even got a normal in stock. LOL.

Same thing happened to me a few days ago. I got two silver sligshots in a row then a gold the next day.

you can get the balloons with the net?
wow all those balloons I missed.....

Yeah, but it requires some patience and timing. When they reach the beach cliff at you town, they'll start to descend to maintain their proper height, or ascend up the cliff, depending on what side your beach is on. Once it's right infront of your face, you can pop it with your net.

I got the golden slingshot as my first slingshot DAYS ago.

Too bad it's useless now since I own every single balloon item. Nice to know I have it though.

Last edited:
iv'e gotten too many silver slingshots its just getting old now.. Waiting for the gold...

Wait, so the balloons only drop those balloon series items? I kind of wish that they had at least made it sort of like the fortune cookie system, where some of them just have normal items. I'm not entirely interested in the balloon items lol, that bums me out a little.

Wait, so the balloons only drop those balloon series items? I kind of wish that they had at least made it sort of like the fortune cookie system, where some of them just have normal items. I'm not entirely interested in the balloon items lol, that bums me out a little.
From what I've heard, yes. I don't even bother shooting them down because of this.

I haven't even got a slingshot yet but my store upgrades tomorrow so hopefully I'll be able to get one then, Balloons have been flying over my town but I can't them down.

Back