• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

sparks

TheGremp

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
I always see tutrials saying to do sparks and saying to displace them, and the example turns out like so:

4.jpg

I fill my canvas with sparks, displace it at 20 each, with the sparks layer being selected with wrap selected, which is what it tells me to do, and I get this:

sparks.png

you may think I'm a noob for this, but whatever, how do I get it to look like the tutorials make them?

1.) Before doing any sparks, do Edit - Copy Visible, and paste it on a new layer.
2.) Open another new layer, fill it with sparks, and hide it.
3.) Select the Copy Visibled layer, displace it by the hidden sparks layer.

dragonflamez said:
TheGremp said:
sorry for the double post but...

when I do that, I end up with this

sparks2.png
That's a lot cooler than the intended outcome
Holy crap he didn't criticize!

Anyway I think it looks a lot cooler than it's supposed to be too.

yes but that's not the outcome I need, it does look cooler but that doesn't matter now, I need the intended effect

That's what it should look like, just start erasing some of the stuff that doesn't look right. It should've mentioned that in the tut.

Back