• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Stalk Market Journal

Roknar

Lost but Found
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Small Mailbox
Cake
I don't know about the rest of you, but here's something I decided I would do in Animal Crossing: New Leaf. For those of you that already have a 3DS, you probably know that there's a Game Notes feature. I haven't really used it yet, but I think I'll start in AC:NL.

I think what I'll use it for specifically is for logging the Stalk Market fluctuations, and hopefully make a killing off it in this game (especially by playing with other people to sell turnips en masse). In the past, I've utilized turnip selling, but not very much, so I'd like to change that. It'll be helpful to see when prices are getting high day by day, on my 3DS, each time I play and to have a weekly record.

I know this thread isn't like groundbreaking or anything, but it's just an idea I had that I thought I would share. :)

So you want to use your 3DS notes to write down Stock Market price for turnips at certain towns?

So you want to use your 3DS notes to write down Stock Market price for turnips at certain towns?

For my own town, to watch the trends and to try to sell high. Looking at other people's prices might also be a good idea, but a bit of a hassle. And actually, in the Animal Crossing games it's called the "Stalk" Market, since they are stalks of turnips haha I used the phrase intentionally. :)

I have never used the Game Notes part of the 3DS. xD This is a good idea and I'll probably use the Game Notes to keep track of things in AC:NL. Gotta remember those dates when Egbert, Frappe, Aurora, and Cube all finally move in. :p

I have never used the Game Notes part of the 3DS. xD This is a good idea and I'll probably use the Game Notes to keep track of things in AC:NL. Gotta remember those dates when Egbert, Frappe, Aurora, and Cube all finally move in. :p

Thanks, I'm glad you think it's a good idea! :D I've never used them either, but I figured this would be really helpful for AC:NL.

Wait, so you can actually track the pattern of rise and fall in Stalk Marker prices??

Teach me sensei! TEACH ME. I have never tried the stalk market before!

Wait, so you can actually track the pattern of rise and fall in Stalk Marker prices??

Teach me sensei! TEACH ME. I have never tried the stalk market before!

I believe there are four types of trends that the prices follow, and you can figure out the curve throughout the week.
Following this can tell you if you should sell out early, or wait for the big bucks! I guess it doesn't matter as much when you play with a bunch of people!

I always just wait until Saturday to sell unless I see the big price. At the very worst you lose half of your investment. XP

Yeah, I was planning to do this too. Not with the 3DS game notes. On my Macbook Pro I have different TextEdit files that have notes for all kinds of video games. I'll just make one for New Leaf and put the turnip prices there. I got the idea from sosostris.com. She tracks her turnip prices every day and it seems to help her try to guess when the best time to sell might be.

I'll probably also do this to keep notes for other things in NL. I tend to play more than 1 video game at once but I also have work and other hobbies. Without the notes I'll forget what I'm doing.

I want to see a group here on the forums that is for ppl who want to just stalk the stalk markets

That'd be nice. Then we can help each other out to make bells. We can go to the town of a person who has turnips you can buy for a low price and then go to the town of a person that has turnips selling at a high price.

I believe there are four types of trends that the prices follow, and you can figure out the curve throughout the week.
Following this can tell you if you should sell out early, or wait for the big bucks! I guess it doesn't matter as much when you play with a bunch of people!

Are these trends written somewhere? With pretty diagrams?
Im probably going to record my prices everyday with the day of the week and maybe graph them once i have enough data.
Alot of us have added each other on swap note, and i guess if we have a high day we can let each other know/ post on a thread so peeps can come visit and help each other out.

Are these trends written somewhere? With pretty diagrams?
Im probably going to record my prices everyday with the day of the week and maybe graph them once i have enough data.
Alot of us have added each other on swap note, and i guess if we have a high day we can let each other know/ post on a thread so peeps can come visit and help each other out.

No pretty graphs yet -- but this guide: http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/faqs/65246 (Liquefy's) has a whole section on the trends with tips to recognize the trends. There are four trends -- but there is a vile fifth "random" trend that is also included and has no rhyme or reason. (Just Ctrl+f with Stalk Market and you'll find the section.)

http://24.media.tumblr.com/da9c80034dfe4c27b042ad378b38b178/tumblr_mmsudm6iRp1sntqq9o1_1280.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/b50f2bb73abe8f442a41246c6106c79d/tumblr_mmsudm6iRp1sntqq9o2_1280.jpg

I found some pretty pictures of the trends on tumblr. the post says:
Ok so, real quick and rough. First, each graph, at the bottom it says 日→土 which means “sunday through saturday” Meaning the graph line showing peaks and dips is running from sunday to saturday.

Each graph is labeled with a “type”, 1) is Normal Type. 2) is “gradual decline” Type. 3) is Fever Type (drastic spike) and 4) is Fever Type (moderate). The indication is that you will randomly get one of these weeks, and there’s no way to tell except keeping an eye on it.

Underneath it basically is just describing in a little more detail what each graph is depicting.

note: graph 2 says “give up this week, but expect the following week to be a “fever” week. ←this is probably the main info take away from this whole thing.
from http://mimiroru-crossing.tumblr.com/post/50430304194/new-leaf-stalk-market-trends

Back