• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

starter eyes have colours in US/EU/AUS/NZ! (English Face Guide)

tanuki

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
i was having a look around and discovered this page with this new guide that i'd not seen yet. i was wondering why they eyes had colours already so i decided to check youtube videos and lo and behold, every one i saw in English has coloured eyes as soon as they come out of the trains station! (some of them, as you see start black anyway)

i'm kinda bummed out about it to be honest, because i was happy with having black eyes to start and the face i'm choosing starts with brown eyes. (my eyes are blue/green) i know i can change them later anyway, but still.

i suppose it's not a HUGE deal... but i don't understand why they would change that for the western players...

My 2 preferred choices are thankfully black. But it's nice to see what the lens change for the eyes. I did wonder how some would work.

I believe that you can revert back to your original eye color by chossing the right choices.

Native Japaneses and Koreans are usually born with black/dark brown eyes, so it made sense for both JPN and KO versions of Animal Crossing: New Leaf to start with black eyes.
Outside of Asia, it made little sense, since there's a lot of people with blue and green eyes. So, some of the eyes are now colored instead of staying black.

does anyone know if you can visit a town that already has Shampoodle up and running and change your eye colour straight away there or would you still have had to had your hair changed 10 times first?

Very nice! I want to make sure to get Girl #2 so this will help, and then I can change my colour later on!

From what I know, it's not possible to change your eye contacts while the gates of the town you're in are open.

Native Japaneses and Koreans are usually born with black/dark brown eyes, so it made sense for both JPN and KO versions of Animal Crossing: New Leaf to start with black eyes.
Outside of Asia, it made little sense, since there's a lot of people with blue and green eyes. So, some of the eyes are now colored instead of staying black.

That's random, weird how eye colour options from the start gets priority over skin colour which many people have wanted.

Ah cool, that's great. I'm getting face #8. I quite like the bluey grey colour and will probably end up with that but I know I'll have to try them all!

Thank you :) I'm starting to like those really freaky crazy girl eyes more and more... lol

Back