• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

statement to investors

aikatears

The Mayor
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
User Title Color Change
Beginning in March and continuing through the rest of the calendar year and into 2014, Nintendo will release a cavalcade of strong, fan-favorite software titles for both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. New entries in the Mario Kart, Super Mario, Legend of Zelda, LEGO City, Wii Fit and Pikmin franchises will help Nintendo regain momentum for Wii U.
Additionally, highly anticipated Nintendo 3DS games such as Luigi's Mansion 2 and Animal Crossing: New Leaf have the potential to be hardware drivers and bring new audiences to the platform.

hmmm, that a first time since oct ND they said anything about new leaf

That's nice, I wasn't expecting a Mario Kart for Wii U this early though, but I knew it was coming.

Same, I knew it would come eventually but MK7 hasn't been out for that long so I wasn't expecting it either...

excited that they mentioned New Leaf though. Good to know that Nintendo hasn't forgotten about the fanbase haha.

It's a good thing that they're anticipating NL being a big seller not only as a game, but as a console seller. Hopefully that means it's a little higher on their priority list this quarter.

They're just dangling it over our heads is all.
They don't want to announce the date too soon for fear of us being burnt out on waiting, but I guess the truth is, a lot of us already are.
If they wait to announce the game until it's just about to come out, it will get a lot of consumers to buy the game simply because of the hype. It's a great business model but it's terrible for us!

This.
I wish more people on this site had enough sense to realize this.

The problem is, they announced it three years ago. If they would have waited until, maybe, October 2012 to announce the game's existence, they more than likely wouldn't have all of these angry fans losing faith. I honestly believe they are either messing with the rest of the world or are just very bad at marketing. Both are easily believable.

The problem is, they announced it three years ago. If they would have waited until, maybe, October 2012 to announce the game's existence, they more than likely wouldn't have all of these angry fans losing faith. I honestly believe they are either messing with the rest of the world or are just very bad at marketing. Both are easily believable.

they probably thought the game would be done by late 2011/early 2012 but the game has changed so much compared from the e3 videos from 2010 and 2011.

they probably thought the game would be done by late 2011/early 2012 but the game has changed so much compared from the e3 videos from 2010 and 2011.

This exactly. From what we can tell, it looks like they completely scrapped a lot of the game and started over. Better off, honestly. If they didn't we might have ended up with a game that wasn't as good as it is now.

@JoeDee: Nintendo doesn't just mess with people for the fun of it, what would be the point other than making your customers angry and lowering your sales? and they sure as heck aren't bad at marketing. The problem here is people who think like that. You let your impatient attitude get the better of you.

I think people take Nintendo's changing of dates too personally. 9_9
They aren't postponing the release because of the fans, they aren't even postponing. Obviously there is a technical reason [which obviously they won't tell us] that they aren't able to release the game sooner. It's probably the megaphone feature, which allows you to speak into the mic and call a character, right? I could see that taking a long time to program for several languages. If they change holidays that will also take time to do, especially if they are very different. I don't really know what to expect on that front.

Of course, I never liked how Nintendo stacks release dates. Most people probably aren't buying THAT many games in a row, as in every major 3DS release.

Due to its large amount of text within the game it's taking a lot longer to translate than they originally planned, well that's what I've read. I'm eagerly waiting the game though! I'm so excited!

This exactly. From what we can tell, it looks like they completely scrapped a lot of the game and started over. Better off, honestly. If they didn't we might have ended up with a game that wasn't as good as it is now.

@JoeDee: Nintendo doesn't just mess with people for the fun of it, what would be the point other than making your customers angry and lowering your sales? and they sure as heck aren't bad at marketing. The problem here is people who think like that. You let your impatient attitude get the better of you.

It is just a downer that we have heard so little as far as progress towards a release goes. When they announced NL for South Korea, I was so happy that it was finally starting to spread, but we have heard little to nothing since then. I know it is generally assumed that it is caught up in translation and whatnot, it would just be nice to hear something official that isn't "oh, we'll release it byyyyy...hmm...summer?...maybe?" I'm not trying to attack anyone else's opinion, but the anticipation is just hard to deal with as we get closer to a release.

Last edited:
Back