• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Stuff I would change if I were a moderator

Alolan_Apples

Old > New
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Although I have many ideas about what to do if I get a position in the site staff, I wouldn't want you to get your hopes up if you want me to be a moderator. They're only gonna accept users that filed an application to be one. I'm not gonna file an application for one when they open up again because of a few reasons. First of all, my parents and grandparents wouldn't approve of me doing so. I am very loyal to them, and I wouldn't want to disappoint them. That, and I am still in college, I plan on taking a harder class, and I take the rules too seriously. Second, I have gotten in trouble on the site before, and I can get easily aggravated. Third, if I were to sign up for one, I would do it for some of the privileges other users don't get, which are larger avatars, blue usernames, ability to reset the count, and free TBT Fair collectibles. And guess what, if you are willing to sign up for mod just for the perks, you're basically rejecting what being part of the staff means. I would sign up for other reasons, but if you would sign up for it, don't go for the perks. You have to show that you're responsible enough.

However, if I were to become a moderator, I would at least like to implement some of my ideas. Only the admins can make these changes, but the staff as a whole would review these ideas. Here's what I would suggest:

1. Bring back the interest system - very early in my membership, the staff turned off the interest system for two reasons. One of them was that people abused it by pooling in TBT and collecting interest. Another is that what they had in mind only benefitted the rich while practically having no use towards others. It's been down for 31 months now. But I came up with a solution where the maximum interest you can make at once is 25 TBT, can be collected once every 168 hours, and you get 1 TBT for every 100 you deposit.
  2. TBT Fair - introduce collectible house - I thought of a new event or attraction for the TBT Fair, which is the collectible house. That's where you can win collectibles not in the shop at the time of the TBT Fair. There's only one drawing a week, 7 winners with random collectibles given, and an animated collectible for another raffle at the same collectible house.
  3. Introduce astrology collectibles - a while ago, I thought of a new monthly collectible called astrology collectibles, just like how we have birthstone collectibles. They can be exchanged once, and you can have only one of each, just like the birthstones.
  4. Introduce user emblems - back when I was on TV.com, users had emblems that are based on user level or achievements. I would like to see something like that here. Each have different characters or items as pictures, and they are based on achievements and interests as well. Some are level-based on stuff like user status (ranging from banned user to administrator) and number of TBT bells owned, some are based on achievements you made (like have 50 blog posts or a wi-fi rating of 50 or higher), some are based on special achievements (like winning a contest or being a member before ACNL came out), and others are based on interests (like if you're a Pokemon player or what your favorite town fruit is). I have a full list of what I had in mind, but I'll post that later.
  5. Introduce AC guide - I know Nookipedia and Animal Crossing Wiki exist, but I think TBT should have their own AC wiki like that. I written a few guides on GameFAQs about Animal Crossing, but I think this would be good for TBT.
  6. Run a fall-based or apple-based event - you know me, I am an apple-obsessed user. But I do like site events, and I would like to be part of the event staff. And we didn't have too many fall-based events.
What do you think of these ideas?

I also think there should be careful review of the behavior of a person before attempting to ban them. I know plenty of people who were banned on this site for ludicrous reasons.

But then again that's why I will never be a mod lol

xSuperMario64x;bt13743 said:
I also think there should be careful review of the behavior of a person before attempting to ban them. I know plenty of people who were banned on this site for ludicrous reasons.

But then again that's why I will never be a mod lol

i have gotten banned so many times for the dumbest reasons

I think that "user emblems" thing would sprout a sort of elitism in the community, thats just me though.

Uttumori;bt13752 said:
I think that "user emblems" thing would sprout a sort of elitism in the community, thats just me though.

But my idea of user emblems was meant to be some sort of an achievement, not something to be competitive with. While everybody can have any collectible as long as they make good business deals in the TBT marketplace, emblems are something you have to earn. It's also not possible to own all emblems at once. Granted, you can have the Pokemon and Smash emblems (which are only ideas right now) at the same time to indicate what other Nintendo community you are part of, but you can't have both the apple and peach emblems (because only one can be your favorite town fruit) or senior member and moderator emblems at once (since they are different user statuses). And yes, some are automatic, some are easy to grab, but others are really tough to get.

Last edited:
When I say this, it is not meant to be any sort of criticism or slander, or anything bad whatsoever. I'm a big fan of the StarFall Press, I'm just voicing my thoughts on the matter.

Collectible House: This really just seems like the raffles that the staff do occasionally, like for the hammer or Pokeball, but making it apart of the Fair would be a great idea, as it would allow more chances for the elusive collectibles. I'm looking at you, yellow house!

User Emblems: I think that people may be able to create a way around the emblems to form some sort of elitism, like sending a user enough BTB or collectibles, or giving them stuff in AC, Pokemon, etc. therefore allow a small group of people to profit off of one user so that they may be the ruling, royal class. If they were to be like Badges that are awarded by Phineas (or site moderators/administrators, although that would require a lot of effort), then that problem would be reduced but cause them to become pointless due to the immense amount of effort needed from the staff.

Zodiac Collectibles: This would cause more work for the admins to design an entirely new set of birthstones, and repeatedly switch them out out-of-sync with the birthstone. I think it could be cool, but only if it were a one time thing.

Fall/Apple-related Event: I think that doing a fall-based event would be a wonderful idea, but making it entirely apple based would be pretty hard, as the ideas would run out very quickly. If it was just fall based, then it would have much potential!

AC Guide: Having the staff create a full-length guide for a game past its prime is a little far fetched. If/when they release the new AC game, I think it would be a great idea, and could maybe even boost the rate of new members joining. Even so, a game guide should probably be more handled by regular members, as it isn't really site-related.

Interest System: The reason it got taken down in the first place was because of people exploiting it. If we were to start it back up again, the issue would just resurface. If we were to decrease the interest rate to the point to where it couldn't be exploited, it would be so low that it would have almost no effect for the average user.

Again, this is just my opinion. I think that these could all be something wonderful, just some things to think about.

Last edited:
@BluePikachu47

Your criticism is actually constructive, and it has valid points. But on the apple-based event, I would prefer a fall-based one, or at least make the next TBT Fair fall-based (even if it takes place in the summer). As for the interest system, there should at least be a way to limit how many TBT bells can be collected.

And no, the staff doesn't have to update the guide or wiki. The users do.

Are you trying to say you're gonna try and become a member of the Project Staff instead? Good luck either way!

Bowie;bt13760 said:
Are you trying to say you're gonna try and become a member of the Project Staff instead? Good luck either way!

Even if I have the ideas, you are at least a better fit than I am for the project staff. You are a excellent graphics artist, while I am terrible with digital art. But I can't decide that.

The blog comments feel like a discussion thread. I don't care how many comments this gets. Just don't spam it. I only allowed 50 comments at max before because back on TV.com, people were spamming comments to reach a count of 1,000 comments. But since nobody cares about blogging here, it wouldn't apply anymore.

Back