• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Styling Houses

palindrome

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Ok ok so I'm preeeetty sure that there aren't any other threads like this (correct me if I'm wrong and I'll like take it down or something) but I wanted to ask what sort of house you want yours to be. So not like your town decrations but like the inside as in do you want to collect sets of furniture or just buy whatever you want? I'm kinda thinking I want to buy lots of dfferent random stuff and just ... smush it all together in one room haha. So yeah and if you wanted what style of house on the outside? Yeap ok uh... yeah :D
Again tell me if there is already one of these threads thanks :blush:

When it comes to the outside of my house, I'll have to see the sort of things I can use to stylize it. I know I don't want my house to look too strange so as long as the items look like they would go on a house you'd see in real life, it's something I would consider using on my house.

When it comes to furniture I like to have my furniture all match the same theme, but that is rather difficult! I've noticed that as I've played my new town in Population Growing that I kind of like using mixed furniture. Since our furniture is customizable now, I'll be able to take furniture I really like and make it all look good together. The only reason I try to gather full furniture sets is that I am trying to get all the prizes from the HRA. Once that's done and over with I'd like to decorate my house with whatever I want and however I want to. Though I do know my house will be filled with plants! :)

When it comes to furniture I like to have my furniture all match the same theme, but that is rather difficult! I've noticed that as I've played my new town in Population Growing that I kind of like using mixed furniture. Since our furniture is customizable now, I'll be able to take furniture I really like and make it all look good together. The only reason I try to gather full furniture sets is that I am trying to get all the prizes from the HRA. Once that's done and over with I'd like to decorate my house with whatever I want and however I want to. Though I do know my house will be filled with plants! :)

Oh yes! I completly forgot about customization! :eek: :D but yeah i'm gonna customize some of my furniture to, like if i really like a piece of furniture but its a dumb colour i will probably change it :D

And yes plants are a nessesity ;D it adds just enough green :)

I like to have complete sets inside of my house :3 though making everything look good together should be pretty easy to do once we're able to customize everything in the 3DS version.
As for the style I'd be going for, it would probably change depending on what mood I was in :p when I was playing AC:CF over the summer, I was really longing for colder weather and sweaters and a more cozy-feeling home, so I started to collect the cabin set.
I'm sort of wondering how the exterior customization will work and how expensive it'll be to change between styles and if you can 'order' a style from a catalog after purchasing it, because that would be really nice. I think I would like for the inside of my home to match the outside, at least a little bit :p

I was actually preparing information to add make my own thread, but I'll just add it here. This might help give some reference for people talking about it.

Categories
In this video, we get a really good look at Nook’s shop at 4:45.
We can see there are a number of categories of ways to remodel your house. If I were to guess them from the video I would label them (From back right clockwise)
Courtyard
Roof: Can’t tell if this is just color or also style.
Entryway?
Fencing
Overall Style
Door (2)
Mailbox
Here’s another screenshot from the site of the shop.
exteriorshop1.jpg

Different styles

At 4:53 in the same video, they begin showing examples of the various houses.
Classic AC
exteriors1.jpg

exteriors2.jpg

exteriors3.jpg

These photos shows evolution of the classic Animal Crossing home via upgrades. It has a white picket fence, a cobblestone courtyard, white siding with some stone work, a rounded door with a circular hole, a red mailbox and a red roof.

exteriors4.jpg

Here’s a futuristic full set. The basic styling of the house is the same, but the fences, courtyard, siding, roof, etc. All have a futuristic and metal look to them.
exteriors5.jpg

This one is very kiddie looking. Again, very basically the same style, but with everything fitting the theme.
exteriors6.jpg

This one is very pastel and feminine.
exteriors7.jpg

On the other end of the spectrum, we have an outdoorsy cabin.
exteriors8.jpg

This one is very Japanese. Now, this one is really interesting, because it’s very different in shape than the other examples we’ve just seen, which very basically the same base with relatively miniscule changes. I suspect the overall style changes will give you shape changes like this.
exteriors9.jpg

This one is from the official site. Note how both sides houses are a similar size, but one has a plain roof while the other has dormers. Perhaps those are optional?
exteriors10.jpg

This one has a hedge as the fence. Kind of reminds me of the ranch set? Also, the courtyard is a pink stone.
exteriors11.jpg

Wood paneling in the courtyard, wood fence, along with a sweets-ish looking roof. This one’s kind of all over the place.
exteriors12.jpg

A different style of wood fence here. Classic cobblestone courtyard. A diagonal siding.
ac.jpg

On the left, we have a house that very much resembles the classic on from the other game. I’d like to classify the house to the left, but I have absolutely no idea what to call it. Tell me if you have some idea.
Town Hall
mangoes2.jpg

It was revealed in the October Nintendo Direct that even the town hall can be remodeled. The first picture seems to be the basic model. The second one is brightly colored and onion-domed. I hope a similar style is available for houses.

I’d almost like to start classifying these, but there’s simply so many and I can’t tell what the official names will be.
If you have anything you think I should add or any suggestions for organizations, let me know.

More Screenshots from Japanese Commercials
exteriors14.png

A pink tile courtyard, pink roof, brick siding, Asian-inspired door, blue door, yellow mailbox.
exteriors15.png

All I'm going to call this is "The 80's called and they want their house back".
exteriors16.png

This is the same shape as we saw in the first video I posted on this thread, but with a different roof color.Hopefully, this means you can still edit the less usual shapes in ways.

Attachments

• exteriorshop1.jpg
    exteriorshop1.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 229
  • exteriors7.jpg
    exteriors7.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
im going to go for a japanese outside i dunno what im going to do on the inside XD
i suppose it depends on what items i can get my hands on and what i like XD

I am going to make my house look kinda like the cabin themed house, but with a little more urban feeling to it, and i will use the fence wich is third from the bottom:)

I probably like the pastel/feminine fence (more like a hedge though) with the pink courtyard/hedge one house theme. Inside, I like to mix up sets and since you can customise, it would all look nice together. I don't particularly like getting full sets as I like creating a nice looking home that nobody could have ever had made before (as in: original). I'll probably make my RL bedroom for one: Purple bed, white bookcase, computer on white desk etc. Then I'll make a living room for the main room that you first walk in and have a bathroom, plus a entertainment room (tv with wii fit board, posters, instruments and game machines!)

I'll definitely be going for the Cabin theme on the outside and one of the rooms inside, it's my favourite set. Not sure about the other rooms yet but I do tend to make them up rather than stick with furniture sets.

Man after seeing all those pictures again, I still have no idea what kind of style I want the outside of my house to have! I'm probably going to end up finding a mix and match of a bunch of stuff in order to make it look as nice as I want it to. Though I know I don't want anything that looks metallic and inorganic.

I really hope they have something with onion domes like the town hall. That would be too awesome. Otherwise, I really like the hedge outside and the brown cookie roof. Maybe I'll go with dark, natural colors?

For the inside, I want a master sweet themed Harvest and the rest to be my little hotel. :) They'll have dividers so I can fit more than one room into each room.

I really like the Town/Stilted(?) style house, but it would be ostentatiously big compared to every other house in the village! Maybe if I keep my house small, I'd go for that theme.

On the other hand, since I'm the new king- I mean mayor- in town, I should have the nicest home anyway. B)

We know we can change our home and town hall... do you think will be able to change other buildings styles, like Nook's or the Cafe?

I'm not sure how much say we'll have on the outside appearance of most of the buildings. When it comes to our house and the town hall, it makes sense for us to be able to change them. They're our own home and office. The other buildings belong to the NPCs in charge of them so I can see how we wouldn't get to change them up like we do our own homes.

Yeah, I'm going to agree with Officer Berri on this one, but who knows? It could be different.

Back