• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Super Mario 64 Remake Suggestions (Part 8)

Alolan_Apples

Mollycord’s Exile
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Today is going to be the last day I'm going over suggestions on the basement levels. We should already be out of the big room in the basement and behind the star doors now. Today's levels are Dire Dire Docks and Bowser in the Fire Sea.

Dire Dire Docks:

Judging by how well done the level is, this has got to be the worst level in the entire game. All you have is a sea smaller than Jolly Roger Bay, a tunnel, and a large station. And they're all small compared to Lake Hylia in Ocarina of Time. And it's another water level. I know water levels are unpopular among gamers. One change I suggest is changing the background to making it look like actual mountains. And we should have a bigger sea and bigger station. I'm okay with the tunnel being the same.

1. Remove the passage to the castle - most importantly, this needs to go. Do you hate starting over the level, especially when you're trying to get 100 coins? Once you're underwater and close to the passage, you can try to swim fast, but there's no escaping. This needs to be closed.
  2. Add more floating platforms in the station - with the station larger, there should be more poles and floating platforms.
  3. Replace the jet stream with a sunken boat - we already had a jet stream mission in Jolly Roger Bay, so I suggest replacing it with a sunken boat to avoid repetition. Granted, you'll still need the metal cap to get inside because there's a switch you can step on to lift the boat. Then you can get the power star underneath.
  4. Decorate the current sea and the station with reefs - I suggested the same for Jolly Roger Bay. It should be here as well.
  5. Add cheep-cheeps that drag you down - why would you call it "dire" if there were no enemies. It seems more peaceful. So maybe we can throw in the cheep cheeps like in Ricco Harbor and Noki Bay. Oh, I would like to see bloopers too.

Bowser in the Fire Sea:

This is the second Bowser Stage. You need 30 to go behind the doors, but you have to get on the sub to unlock this fiery world. Just like the first world, here's what needs to happen. This time, the textures can stay the same rather than what I suggested for Lethal Lava Land.

1. Make the first ride longer - we may have to jump to the side when it goes under some platform or dips in the lava, but there needs to be more than just that. Maybe do that twice, add a few flamethrowers, or something.
  2. Add a section of rollers at a corner - I'm okay with the platforms you have left before getting to the elevator, but when you reach that point, they should have more rolling obstacles like I kept talking about in the remake suggestions. The rollers take you left.
  3. Make the upper pools of lava longer and wider - not as wide as the base, but with the level bigger, these pools need to get longer with more obstacles.
  4. Add more firetraps - yep, more hazards means more challenge. I don't know where to throw in these flamethrowers in this level, but I know that we need more of them.
  5. Remove the bully when approaching some red coin - yet another suggestion to make the game easier has been added. There is a red coin on one platform, but that same platform has a bully on it. It will attempt pushing you off when you reach this platform.
  6. Space out some of the platforms - I prefer not to have these obstacles cramped up. The best example is that the bars you hang from should be further away from the steep step.
  7. Add a spinner to reach the brick building - you know that I like more obstacles. I don't need to explain more.
  8. Make Bowser beatable after hitting three mines - Bowser may be harder to beat in this stage than the first, but you still need to throw him at one mine to defeat him. I prefer if you can do this three times to stop him here.

And we're out of the basement. It's time to move onto the second floor.

This one time, I actually agree that the level needs to be bigger. It feels crammed. I feel like the whirlpool area could be a LOT bigger, and the area with the submarine could use some improvements, too.

1. OMG YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE HOW MUCH I HATE THAT THING!!!! They definitely need to get rid of it. It is nothing but a nuisance.

2. That would be good.

3. Well, one of the stars you get in the level is swimming through the rings of the jet stream (or at least I think it is). If you could elaborate a little more with the missions concerning this sunken boat?

4. How about they just add Bloopers that drag you down? That souds like something they would do.

Again, as with Lethal Lava Land, they need to surround Bowser in the Fire Sea with a wall or something so it's not just an unrealistic lava island floating in the middle of nowhere.

I will go over your choices for Bowser in the Fire Sea when I play through the level later.

Last edited:
Back