• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Tarantula

Marceline

Jedi Guardian
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Chocolate Cake
Cake
Mailbox
Is anyone else... 'afraid' of the tarantula...? Honestly, it frightens me. I've never been a huge fan of tarantulas (Or any spider, as a matter of fact) but dear gosh, the first time I saw the tarantula it chased me across my town until it fell into a river (LOL. DROWN YOU BEAST) I didn't play Animal Crossing the next day. The second time, I threw my DS across my bed. I felt an... itching sensation shortly afterwards. Yet again, I didn't play the game for the rest of the evening. e.e'

I used to be in WW, but now I just whip out my net and try to get it...still haven't gotten one yet on NL though.

I've seen three and caught two. I just get a rush when I see one now. Back in WW I used to pee my pants when i saw the furry little dudes though. :p

I used to be in WW, but now I just whip out my net and try to get it...still haven't gotten one yet on NL though.

Wild World wasn't so bad in my opinion. I've attempted to catch it the first time round, which failed miserably and resulted in the chase across town. I believe what frightens me is the new animations. Its much faster... and larger.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Get ready for scorpions and more tarantulas in July and August.

No no no no.... D:
The... the itching sensation is back... > < ;;;

Wild World wasn't so bad in my opinion. I've attempted to catch it the first time round, which failed miserably and resulted in the chase across town. I believe what frightens me is the new animations. Its much faster... and larger.

- - - Post Merge - - -

No no no no.... D:
The... the itching sensation is back... > < ;;;
I tried catching one and it just despawned while chasing me...

It is a bit terrifying. I'm not even afraid of spiders or anything in real life, it's just the fact that it chases you all the way across your town!

I've only seen one on my first day of play and managed to run away, whip out my net and catch it.

If it starts chasing me...I just let it bite me. It's usually just a hit or a miss scenario...you get one shot.

I've caught like five of them and only one attacked me ever. The rest just stood there as I pulled out my net and captured them. A lot less scarier than I expected. Still, there's this rush I feel whenever I see one.

I've had about 6 show up since I've had the game, they usually kamikaze themselves into the river or off a cliff. I caught one though and my strategy was, as soon as you see it, run over whip out your net as you get up close and quickly swipe it when you're in range, you just have to go for it. Every time I followed it or played it safe and waited for it to turn around it killed itself.

I've only seen one and he's showcasing in my museum now muahaha.

I was lucky though, I caught him off guard and not the other way around.

I haven't seen a single one in my town, but I'm usually at the island at night plus it seems to always be raining. They always scared me in WW (the scorpion more so) and I'd always get bit by it. When I finally was able to catch one, I left the rest of them alone, though I seemed to just walk right into them sometimes and wake up in front of my house. I hope things go better for me in NL.

First one I saw I caught in one try, didn't know they chased you. :p
I'll make sure to be more careful now. e.e

The very first time I saw a tarantula was probably my second night with New Leaf. Didn't have a net at that point and he seemed to just sit there as I sauntered by.

...But the second time I saw a tarantula, I was minding my own business walking by with my net out (as per usual), when BAM! The eight-legged monster rushes at me, startling me to the point of almost yelping, and attacks me. Leaving me vulnerable and unconscious to respawn in front of my home.

Terrible experience, but some day, that creature shall feel my wrath.

I've not had one chase me yet, luckily I've caught every one I've seen but I tend to hear them before I see them so I'm extra careful while looking for it. I am really not looking forward to the scorpions though. :(

Is anyone else... 'afraid' of the tarantula...? Honestly, it frightens me. I've never been a huge fan of tarantulas (Or any spider, as a matter of fact) but dear gosh, the first time I saw the tarantula it chased me across my town until it fell into a river (LOL. DROWN YOU BEAST) I didn't play Animal Crossing the next day. The second time, I threw my DS across my bed. I felt an... itching sensation shortly afterwards. Yet again, I didn't play the game for the rest of the evening. e.e'

ROFLMAO, you should play with 3D on, if you don?t already do ;D

Back