Tasty Cake
Purple Violet
Sweet Balloon
Purple Bunny Balloon
Orange Balloon
Blue Balloon
Yellow Balloon
Hello my friends!

I have had the pleasure of trading TBT for in-game items on multiple occasions, and I have always been happy with the result!

But I will be honest, I feel like I am getting the better deal. Why are TBT's sought after? I honestly don't even know how I get them.

There are items in game that I could search for, for years, and never find. But if I have 1 or 2 TBT's I can purchase that rare item from someone on here.

If I trade one TBT for an item that takes hours of in game time to find... what is the benefit for the person receiving 1TBT?

I am not complaining by the way. I just think I am missing out on some sort of forum economics. I will gladly pay a ridiculous amount of TBT plus a huge TBT tip for the trouble. Anyone I have traded with will tell you so.

The forum economics are definitely a bit strange right now because ACNH isn't nearly as heavily played as near release. The reason you can get things for so cheap is partly supply and demand in that theres very few people collecting new items, and because there's not really anything new being added to ACNH.

On the flip side, forum collectibles, the images under your name, are extremely popular and the rarer ones go for significant amount of tbt, which is what most people use it for now.

Back during ACNH release months, stuff went for much higher, like a nmt was around 10-20 tbt at first, which is a sizeable amount when you consider how much it takes to get a dreamie. A lot of popular items also went for 200-300 tbt as well because so few people had them.

Hopefully this all makes sense! I would expect the market to go back to a more 'reasonable' resemblance of economics once a new game comes out.

Back