• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia TBT Mafia VII: Animal Crossing [Game Over/Town Win]

There isn't yet. I started briefly talking to people in IRC on day one but I didn't really get into it yesterday. Plus one of them died. I need to start talking to people again tonight before I know what's going on. Anyway, since people are suggesting Kaiaa, I'm not getting a scummy vibe from her, but for all I know she could be SK because I'm not sure how to detect that really.

And in my opinion bells would actually help SK the most because they are on their own and have the biggest need for them. Town is already the richest group since it has most bells, which is why I thought we might want to throw them in the ocean.
I meant to say town has most members

There isn't yet. I started briefly talking to people in IRC on day one but I didn't really get into it yesterday. Plus one of them died. I need to start talking to people again tonight before I know what's going on. Anyway, since people are suggesting Kaiaa, I'm not getting a scummy vibe from her, but for all I know she could be SK because I'm not sure how to detect that really.

And in my opinion bells would actually help SK the most because they are on their own and have the biggest need for them. Town is already the richest group since it has most bells, which is why I thought we might want to throw them in the ocean.

Oh, there's an SK?

Oh, there's an SK?

Like I said in an earlier post, Minties's sad death wasn't in vain as her role PM heavily implies the presence of a third party role, which is often the SK. Looking at the deaths, I was then expecting 5 kills, so someone probably absorbed a hit and should speak up.

I say heavily implies, because Jubs is a binocular **** and may have put it in as a red herring.

- - - Post Merge - - -

You are Copper, Detective of Boondox!

Fortunately, due to your status in the town, you have a special power. You can also use up to 1 item per Night in addition to your special power.

Special Power: You can inspect one player during the Night to learn their team alignment. Possible returns are: Town Mafia Third-Party

In case people missed it.

I think that Kaiaa should get the bells, as she has done much testing so far. But I do agree with Jeremy, that 6 bells is a lot, and we should be careful who to send it to. I do think it would be a waste to put it in the ocean, as that amount is a lot.

We can always get whoever we give the bells to to split it with another player that we choose.

Okay, time to say something about Trundle.
Two nights ago (I think), Trundle and Ashtot were fooling around with me in the irc after I joined #trent. Although I don't have quotes due to my irc not being able to copy-paste, I can remember that Trundle said that Ashtot was a one-shot vig, then said that I was Doctor due to having the role name "Pelly". I found this as complete bogus, as Doctors would've obviously had a different name. Later, the brothers stopped pranking me and told me the "truth". Trundle claimed as Veteran, while Ashtot claimed as Townie, yet died One-Shot Vigilante.
Is it safe to say that Trundle is lying?

Also, I believe either Kaiaa or Karla should have the bells.

I'm not all that concerned who the bells go to but between Karla and I something will be tested to night. If I get the bells I will be giving 4 to Karla since he wants to test the Amazing Machine and we need to know what it does. If he get's the bells he can either give me the remaining two or keep them. Giving them to me doesn't do anything since I won't have the bells to test the Observatory anyway (unless people are willing to donate).

I'm not all that concerned who the bells go to but between Karla and I something will be tested to night. If I get the bells I will be giving 4 to Karla since he wants to test the Amazing Machine and we need to know what it does. If he get's the bells he can either give me the remaining two or keep them. Giving them to me doesn't do anything since I won't have the bells to test the Observatory anyway (unless people are willing to donate).

I'll probably vote for the bells to go to you. I'd be willing to donate my bells to you, so you can test out the observatory. :)

Really the town should decide whether we test the Amazing Machine first or the Observatory, if observatory we need to get to 8 bells.

*Donations are welcome, however, if we want to test both tonight. I think it would be best to test both as soon as we can.

If a person uses an item and finds out something useful, then they are killed, can they reveal the evidence upon their departure post or is that cheating?

Alright, I see your case, Karla, and I'm kinda disappointed you made a case for me and at the same time I'm glad you are posting.
Trundle is scum.

So what gets me the most is his roleclaim. Multiple times in the IRC he has come straight out as a Veteran. I'm sure others can back me up on this assertion. Now I'm trying to think why he would do this. The point of a veteran is to make Mafia waste hits on you. Publicly announcing that you are a vet defeats the purpose of this. I see this as a way for him to "immunise" himself from hits at night, then when he magically emerges unscathed the next day, he can just put it down to "yeah I scared the Mafia off hitting me". It's pretty easy to see right through that.

Let's not forget his opening post and the pearl of wisdom inside:

Then when Karen makes a post about Tom roleclaiming and posting his list, Trundle is suddenly very quick to forget his advice:

This, along with his own Veteran roleclaim, is a little inconsistent, right? If he always claims townie as town, why has he suddenly gone for Veteran this time? I don't blame him though, it can be hard to keep a consistent story when you're a liar.

Then we have this, atypical Godfather post:

Why are you encouraging DTs to waste inspections on you, if you know you're town? Every game I watch or take part in, I lambaste people for using DTs to confirm innocents, rather than find scum. We win the game by finding and killing scum, not by finding town to circlejerk over.

And talk about fostering a terrible thread atmosphere.

You know exactly what kind of player Beary is, you've mentioned it in previous posts. Rather than constantly trying to mould other players into what you want them to be, learn to accept how they are and play around it. All that post does is turn an already crappy thread into an even bigger poopfest. Between people like you upsetting Beary, and Horus & Dolby trolling oath, it's no wonder people want to avoid this garbage thread.

Oh, and Ashtot died, how convenient given how quickly he found you out last game.
VOTE: Trundle

Thank you Kaiaa for testing out the pitfall. As it essentially functions like a roleblock, and it didn't trigger on Trundle last night, we can safely say that he is not some sort of blue power role. It shouldn't stop Mafia from using their kills. With this, I see even less reason for why he would legitly claim veteran.

Regarding items, I would still love to receive the 6 bells that are being given away, just so I can see what the Amazing Machine does. I'd be happy to give the remaining two bells to Kaiaa or whoever else we vote for to receive the bells. All transfers are public so you can hold me to that. Or if Kaiaa get the bells, I would appreciate receiving 4 of those.

First off, yes, I know I went and roleclaimed. This is because role claiming as a veteran is, in my opinion, a win-win situation. If I role claim as veteran, the mafia will either
-Use one/two KP on me, which is absorbing KP
-Ignore me due to not being able to kill me in the night, which leaves me alive to contribute to the town.
I can say right now that I was not hit last night. Minties told me I was the only person who knew she was Detective, which I find quite strange, because unless she lied and actually claimed to someone else who was mafia who she trusted, or the mafia hit her randomly for making sense or to frame Kit, I am quite confused. I also knew Ashtot's role, and I was encouraging him to shoot someone last night in case he died, as he did claim to 4-5 people who were in no way proven. I also knew that Karen had claimed townie. It's quite strange, because last night in an IRC room was Minties, Ashtot, Karen, Kuma, Cory, Pally, and I. Ashtot claimed to just about all of them, and I fake claimed to 2 or 3 of them as random roles such as bartender. While I have no way to prove this, what I can say is that I believe one person in there could be mafia. Namely Cory last night asked for all our roles multiple times and was very persistent in knowing.
As for my "godfather" post, it really doesn't follow along the same lines as normal ones. It was just a side note so that I would be proven in order to help the town in full potential. As far as I know, no one inspected me anyway, but I believe someone would have if they were even remotely suspicious of me.
Along with the roles I knew, I know 2-3 other blue roles in the game already (or so they claim), and some would have been a lot more beneficial to kill than Tom or Karen. I believed Karen to be town, although I wasn't sure about Tom.
As for getting mad at Beary, I did PM her after that in order to try and tell her how to avoid being lynched, as I knew that was her town behavior, and overall just trying to calm her down. I told her not to bother making a defense, but to make a post of suspicions or just anything of us, and she replied to me saying "NOPE, TOO LATE, MAKING A DEFENSE" or something of the sort. At that point, I figured to just not bother anymore, and as you can see, I stopped shortly after bothering with any of the players who I found were slowing down progress of the town.
I'm not sure why Karla is so set on me this game, but for some reason he got super defensive when I just called him out for not posting very much. He replied fine and dandy, but I also did notice his post was a bit rushed out, considering he didn't realize my question about Makkine at first and then went to answer it afterwards. I'm thinking that would describe him more as town, as I find mafia would take more time with their posts as to not let anything slip.
Personally, I feel like the money should probably go to Kaiaa, as I have been in contact with her and have been trying to help her and I feel like she is definitely pro-town. Kaiaa is also very smart, and makes better posts without even knowing how the game works than some of you that have been around since the beginning. I even was mentioning my Veteran role to her earlier and she didn't know what it was.

Next, I want to bring up ProfGallows again. ProfGallows claimed townie to me and told me he started with 3 bells. He was also transferred 2 by Horus, and now he should have a few more because we are now through a day/night cycle. Yesterday, I asked him to transfer me the bells to prove to me that he actually started with a townie and refused, although I told him I would transfer back afterwards. Why he refused, I'm not sure, as it would be a surefire way to prove that he really did start with 3 like most townies this game. This action seemed very scummy to me.

Hopefully I didn't bore you to death with this post, but I really don't think we should focus on me this game, considering I have been trying to help the town all game while some people have just sat back behind their cozy screens and observed. I'm sure quite a few of you know by now you know what to expect of me when I'm mafia, as I truly suck at being mafia. Either way, I'm contributing all I can to town, and I'm hoping that more lynch candidates are offered considering we now have a whole new load of information. Thanks!

Actually, if anyone remembers I was given bells. I've given no reason for anyone to trust me as of yet but right now I have six bells on me. Two more and I can get that observatory pass and I will gladly share with anyone that wants to know what it does.

Other than that I agree the majority bells should go to Kaiaa as she's been the one to best use them.

Next, I want to bring up ProfGallows again. ProfGallows claimed townie to me and told me he started with 3 bells. He was also transferred 2 by Horus, and now he should have a few more because we are now through a day/night cycle. Yesterday, I asked him to transfer me the bells to prove to me that he actually started with a townie and refused, although I told him I would transfer back afterwards. Why he refused, I'm not sure, as it would be a surefire way to prove that he really did start with 3 like most townies this game. This action seemed very scummy to me.

Giving my bells to someone that has been on my case the entire game, yeah, I'm totally going to do that.

I can just as easily prove myself if someone will donate me JUST two bells, I'll buy the observatory pass and share it with you.

Giving my bells to someone that has been on my case the entire game, yeah, I'm totally going to do that.

I can just as easily prove myself if someone will donate me JUST two bells, I'll buy the observatory pass and share it with you.

Well obviously there would be multiple ways to have it done, I thought you were just downright refusing to do it at all. I know this may look like an act of scum trying to get town on their side, but I'll send you the two bells you need.

Gallows will test the Observatory then? And Karla or I will test the Amazing Machine (whichever way you feel like doing it)?

Voted myself for the bells to be sure we get 15 votes, 6 is a lot of bells to dump in the ocean

It says in the title night one... This is disturbing me.

Anyway, if we can get someone to test one of some of the new things and tell us! it would be great!

Back