• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

TBT trends that you're glad are dead

Lol you guys. :D

also I wish all these apples vs. orange threads could die like you need one for every thing?

Pretty much only posting on those threads atm to get the post count up but yeah these are getting a lil ridiculous

not really dead but the super-obsessive koreaboos kinda make me cringe

i don't see koreaboos, i just see people who like k-pop. just because someone has a k-pop related avatar/sig doesn't mean you're a koreaboo. sigh.

Last edited:
I've been here since 2012 and I've never heard of these "forum marriages" before. Then again, I'm probably one of the least active users here, so there's that. I do remember when people would make their text all tiny and pink though, man that was annoying.

I've been here since 2012 and I've never heard of these "forum marriages" before. Then again, I'm probably one of the least active users here, so there's that. I do remember when people would make their text all tiny and pink though, man that was annoying.

and in those four years you've made 225 posts so uh you're not really active

yeah kpop doesn't mean koreaboo btw

There was a time when a looot of people had gfx sigs and imo gfx sigs just look tacky. I mean I'm sure a good amount of skill and time went into making them but god no. Glad they're rarer now.

I guess ask me anything threads have gotten rarer too but they're still there. Such useless threads.

A recent trend or change in behavior that I've noticed is that people have gotten a bit greedier when it comes to tbt, cycling and whatever isn't free anymore and people obsess over collectibles even more than before. Don't think thats dying anytime soon though.
Another trend that's prob not gonna die anytime soon is the amount of the new Fire emblem avatars, sigs and whatnot. Don't really hate the game or anything but it's weird how many have that everywhere.

Last edited:
The only trends that piss me off on tbt are still trends, so it's hard to bring up any of them lol.
I guess I'm glad the confessions died. I've had some terrible things said to me on the internet, but the only thing that ever affected me personally was said on there.

The only trends that piss me off on tbt are still trends, so it's hard to bring up any of them lol.
I guess I'm glad the confessions died. I've had some terrible things said to me on the internet, but the only thing that ever affected me personally was said on there.

Oh, what current trends tho

Oh, what current trends tho

Using the word "salty" in any sense that doesn't involve gaming, calling people koreeaboos for liking kpop (same goes for weaboo for liking anime), sucking up or talking about mods in the most annoying way (ie "OOOH LOOOOK A MOOOOOOOOODDD, WHAT ARE YUUU DUIN HERE??!!"), "m9", and not reading someone's post correctly or putting words into their mouth. I sound like a big ****** complaining about this stuff, but it's just small things that annoy me.

Using the word "salty" in any sense that doesn't involve gaming, calling people koreeaboos for liking kpop (same goes for weaboo for liking anime), sucking up or talking about mods in the most annoying way (ie "OOOH LOOOOK A MOOOOOOOOODDD, WHAT ARE YUUU DUIN HERE??!!"), "m9", and not reading someone's post correctly or putting words into their mouth. I sound like a big ****** complaining about this stuff, but it's just small things that annoy me.

Oh, the "salty" is a trend? That's been going on for a while with mafia.

I think the mod-sucking up is gonna go away after the apps are done tbh

Oh, the "salty" is a trend? That's been going on for a while with mafia.

I think the mod-sucking up is gonna go away after the apps are done tbh

It's dying a bit, which is good, but I still see users throwing it around incorrectly.
I was thinking the same thing, and oh boy, I hope so.

I dunno but it feels like sucking up to mods has always been there and it's always been annoying. I guess it's gotten stronger now that they're looking for new mods, but haven't been keeping up with that.
And the whole putting words in someones mouth has been a thing for a while too. Tumblr leaked here a long time ago.

Last edited:
Those tacky, kawaii town signatures that animate and sparkle. I have seen less of them but they are still annoying and look the same. S:

Back