• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Team Fortress 2

-Jack- said:
Psychonaut said:
-Jack- said:
Free keys, double drop rate.
Valve gained half a respect point today.
wait what?

festive keys drop normally, now? :eek:
You get a "Stocking Stuffer" that works on any crate. There's a blog post about it.
I LEAVE THE INTERNET FOR 5 HOURS AND I COME BACK TO VALVE NOT BEING STINGY *censored.1.3*S? WHAT ELSE DID I MISS?

-Jack- said:
Andy, you interested in a Detective Noir?
I opened one with my Stocking Stuffer.
Ah, you have one.
Aww, thanks for thinking of me though. :)

So I open up a festive crate with the free key, I got The Claidheamh M

Anyone wanna trade for a festive key? I kind of want to open my festive crate.

Also, my mic won't work when I'm trying to chat in-game. It works during the tests and whatnot, but it gives me a little "!" surrounded by a word bubble and lags for about a second or so. Is it like a PTT thing?

Bacon Boy said:

Also, my mic won't work when I'm trying to chat in-game. It works during the tests and whatnot, but it gives me a little "!" surrounded by a word bubble and lags for about a second or so. Is it like a PTT thing?
>press key
>talk
if it doesn't work, fix it in the steam thing, it's your audio hardware or whatnot.

dunno, steam can be kinda fickle. it may have to be plugged in before you start steam, or tf2. or both. dunno.

Psychonaut said:
Bacon Boy said:

>press key
>talk
if it doesn't work, fix it in the steam thing, it's your audio hardware or whatnot.

dunno, steam can be kinda fickle. it may have to be plugged in before you start steam, or tf2. or both. dunno.
It's a built in mic.
Is it like talk right after you press button?

Bacon Boy said:
Psychonaut said:
Bacon Boy said:

>press key
>talk

It's a built in mic.
you have to hold down the button for the duration of your speech.

built in mics aren't very good for active gaming/chat, as the echo tends to be frowned upon by other players and the quality isn't (normally) good.

but it should work, if steam's able to detect it. a dedicated microphone (headset = optimal, due to no echo) would be best, though. dunno. just troubleshoot, i guess.

Psychonaut said:
Bacon Boy said:
Psychonaut said:
Bacon Boy said:

>press key
>talk

It's a built in mic.
you have to hold down the button for the duration of your speech.

built in mics aren't very good for active gaming/chat, as the echo tends to be frowned upon by other players and the quality isn't (normally) good.

but it should work, if steam's able to detect it. a dedicated microphone (headset = optimal, due to no echo) would be best, though. dunno. just troubleshoot, i guess.
Yea, I'll probably end up with one of those. i use headphones, though, it stops the echo.

Back