• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The ACNH Rant Thread

Pocket camp is free. But if you don't own a smartphone, I can help you you get the items.
I know I'm not who you were replying to, but I might be interested in the Pocket Camp items myself...at least some of them. (I do have an Android phone but I'm really not a fan of what the average mobile game tries to do, fooling people into wasting money.)
Anyway, I logged out to play another game, but when I logged back in I saw her walking around in the opening screen thing :eek: But when I tried to look for her I couldn't find her!!
I had a similar experience some time ago. I saw Celeste on the title screen, just before 12AM. Now, supposedly she doesn't disappear after 12AM, but by the time I got past Isabelle and the game reloaded the island, she was nowhere to be seen.
Yeah literally, I don't see the point in them. I feel like I wasted my nook miles for nothing :/
I purchased custom design paths thinking they would behave even slightly differently than normal custom ground designs but nope...I could still kick them off the ground, couldn't smoothen corners, and they didn't appear on the map. My island originally used a custom brick pattern, but after getting this disappointing upgrade to Island Designer, I destroyed them and replaced them with that light, warm-colored stone pattern.
I didn’t get the wooden low table DIY from HHA :(
Same. I wondered how other people had those cool-looking round but long wooden tables in their house, but it took a bit before someone actually made some for me. I now know the recipe, but only because someone gave me a spare one.
Why do NPC have birthdays if they never get any kind of celebration? 😔
That is a good point... All they get is a single present from your character then they happily march around the room with their other friend. Meanwhile, humans get to blow out the candles, hit a pinata many times, and get cupcakes! (Of course, I'm not a fan of how animals get the Birthday Hat every birthday, guaranteed while humans only have a chance to get that cute thing...
My Rant: I don’t like having furniture items which are available in different colors but which your humans cannot customize. I can be forgiving if Re-tail shop—with Reese and Cyrus—gets added. And I will be frank: This sucks!
This is one of the weirdest parts of the game. Why can I freely customize DIY items I make, customizing the wood color or pattern, but then I'm arbitrarily not allowed to customize, say, the wood color of an antique item? It's so inconsistent and illogical. Oh, it'll be nice if Cyrus isn't just here for Wedding Season.

I didn't play New Leaf much at all, but I know he handled customization there...and it would be great to have him able to take any "commercial" item and change it to any of its variants. It'd be helpful for getting the white variants of the Cute series items that so far, I have not gotten, and my Nook's Cranny "cute" items are always blue...
Animal Crossing Youtubers.
For me, what annoys me about those YouTubers is how they have tons of friends, their fans, which proceed to send them free stuff constantly, which they open in their videos. They aren't doing anything to deserve these items, people. It's no fair they get showered in gifts but yet if I'd want something, I have to manually ask someone and always trade. This is a problem any popular YouTuber has, though. They always get free stuff, while people like me get...nothing like that.

I know I'm not who you were replying to, but I might be interested in the Pocket Camp items myself...at least some of them. (I do have an Android phone but I'm really not a fan of what the average mobile game tries to do, fooling people into wasting money.)
I had a similar experience some time ago. I saw Celeste on the title screen, just before 12AM. Now, supposedly she doesn't disappear after 12AM, but by the time I got past Isabelle and the game reloaded the island, she was nowhere to be seen.
I purchased custom design paths thinking they would behave even slightly differently than normal custom ground designs but nope...I could still kick them off the ground, couldn't smoothen corners, and they didn't appear on the map. My island originally used a custom brick pattern, but after getting this disappointing upgrade to Island Designer, I destroyed them and replaced them with that light, warm-colored stone pattern.
Same. I wondered how other people had those cool-looking round but long wooden tables in their house, but it took a bit before someone actually made some for me. I now know the recipe, but only because someone gave me a spare one.
That is a good point... All they get is a single present from your character then they happily march around the room with their other friend. Meanwhile, humans get to blow out the candles, hit a pinata many times, and get cupcakes! (Of course, I'm not a fan of how animals get the Birthday Hat every birthday, guaranteed while humans only have a chance to get that cute thing...
This is one of the weirdest parts of the game. Why can I freely customize DIY items I make, customizing the wood color or pattern, but then I'm arbitrarily not allowed to customize, say, the wood color of an antique item? It's so inconsistent and illogical. Oh, it'll be nice if Cyrus isn't just here for Wedding Season.

I didn't play New Leaf much at all, but I know he handled customization there...and it would be great to have him able to take any "commercial" item and change it to any of its variants. It'd be helpful for getting the white variants of the Cute series items that so far, I have not gotten, and my Nook's Cranny "cute" items are always blue...
For me, what annoys me about those YouTubers is how they have tons of friends, their fans, which proceed to send them free stuff constantly, which they open in their videos. They aren't doing anything to deserve these items, people. It's no fair they get showered in gifts but yet if I'd want something, I have to manually ask someone and always trade. This is a problem any popular YouTuber has, though. They always get free stuff, while people like me get...nothing like that.
ikr, hm you make videos? take my 10498923 nmt, raymond and 200 star fragments along with my gold tool diys?
hm your a nice person but don't make videos? you can have Megan for 999999999 nmt

ikr, hm you make videos? take my 10498923 nmt, raymond and 200 star fragments along with my gold tool diys?
hm your a nice person but don't make videos? you can have Megan for 999999999 nmt
Exactly. It's really silly how just being popular and making videos makes everyone more willing to give things, even when they are really just another human that should be treated equally. I'll say, this is what makes it hard for me to want to watch any Animal Crossing let's plays on YouTube, the fear that they will one day open their mailbox and a bunch of fanmail will be greeting them, giving them unfair advantages. (Legitimate friends giving stuff is more acceptable, as it isn't an unfair popularity perk. Also, it's insane how many NMT people want for things. The duplication glitch that was patched is only going to make it worse.)

Exactly. It's really silly how just being popular and making videos makes everyone more willing to give things, even when they are really just another human that should be treated equally. I'll say, this is what makes it hard for me to want to watch any Animal Crossing let's plays on YouTube, the fear that they will one day open their mailbox and a bunch of fanmail will be greeting them, giving them unfair advantages. (Legitimate friends giving stuff is more acceptable, as it isn't an unfair popularity perk. Also, it's insane how many NMT people want for things. The duplication glitch that was patched is only going to make it worse.)
And it's not even just AC no no no...

How people treat any famous people in games (estimate by me) :
60%: TAKE MY RARE ITEMS TAKE IT!
15% I hate that person ew
20% omg omg pls can i have something notice me your my fave
5% okay your nice i mean you exist cool but im not giving you stuff

How people treat new players to AC series (not directly related but still)
25% oh hey so my low table is worth 100 nmt pay up
20% hey need some help?
30% LOL YOU LIKE THAT VILLAGER THEY AREN'T POPULAR LOL
the remaining percent: HAHA NOOB

How people treat normal players:
35% OMG YOU LIKE RAYMOND EW EVERYONE LIKES HIM ITS YOUR FAULT ECONOMY DEAD YOU SUCK DIE
20% *actually normal people/ tbters*
30% wow you don't have 999999999 billion bells or nook miles? your a noob
the remaining percent: turnips/visits to my island are 50 nmt, looking at my villagers is an extra 5 nmt per look

Not to gatekeep, but my only problem with youtubers is that a lot of them are clearly doing it for the trend. It rubs me in a wrong way when some of them act as if they have been playing the series for a long them and and then spread misinformation about the game. It comes off fake and pretentious like most online influencers lol. I bet that once quarantine is over and Cyberpunk 2077 or any other large game gets released, they’re going to forget AC altogether and pretend it never happened.

Last edited:
How do you unlock them? I have gone to around 15 islands and have gotten nothing but hyacinths and cosmos. I have nooks cranny upgraded to it's second (final..?) level and still have nothing but tulips, cosmos, and hyacinths. Really want lilies..
I got lilies from Leif once!

I could be wrong, but I interpreted that post as being about the special NPCs rather than the villagers! The villagers deserve better too but the special NPCs all have official birthdays that are on their amiibo cards and everything, Sable’s being November 22nd for example, and they get literally zero acknowledgement of it :( It always makes me sad and I wonder why nintendo even bothers giving them birthdays.

I'm island hopping rn and I'm so frustrated how it takes forever to get to one island and back
why can't we just go from island to island T_T
also my joycon drift is making everything 10x worse
There are fixed for Joy Con drift. Mine was pretty bad handheld and obnoxious when in tv mode. I had a Pro Controller arrive today and I forgot how the controls were supposed to feel normally. I’m not used to my character not running left or struggling to look up into the sky. It’s a whole new world and worth the price imo.
Post automatically merged:

People should be focused on hating the actual problem that caused it: gay fetishization and objectification. However, nobody wants to have that discussion =_=

I’m pretty open minded to people wanting to head-cannon but sometimes I see fans on the borderline of making it a fetish. I dunno. Sometimes it weirds me out with some of the fan art out there.

I wake up at the buttcrack of dawn so I rarely play past 9, 9:30pm in my game. I was TT-ing and accidentally set my game to a time a few hours after I usually play on a night with Celeste. I got more shooting stars in one hour than I've gotten in the entire previous two months. So apparently it's not that I wasn't getting them, I am just literally never awake to see any. Lame.

That’s the one! I never hit my villagers with my net but I tell you that was the closest I’ve felt to it.
Hahaha! I guess they never saw her snoring bubbles while still on the job before lol. I mean, she "works" all day so i will cut her some slack.

My rant for today is that i am bored of the current fence colours. They all seem neutral to me which is great but some times i want something more colorful.

Lack of fruit variety is annoying, there were so many fruits in NL such as lychees, durians, bananas, lemons, pumpkins and more! Anyone know if we'll get more fruits with updates?
Post automatically merged:

Also I find it weird that furniture has so many colour variations and you have to find different ways to obtain them instead of just being able to change the colour by customisation

Back